Thread: A first attempt at a map

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Cekoti View Post
    Thank you, I will narrow them a bit tomorrow. I was under the impression that in swamps/deltas river bifurcation was possible, and is one of its only instances.
    A delta is actually the sand structure that forms under the sea when a sediment-laden river reaches the sea and slows down, dropping the sediment out. Over time, this builds up, and can even build up enough to reach the river surface, creating sand bars and eventually vegetation islands.

However, always keep in mind that it's the same river, it has not bifurcated, and the only reason it sort of looks like it is because the river reaches the sea before the various channels rejoin around the downstream end of the sand bars.

Guild Novice

Quote Originally Posted by chick View Post
    A delta is actually the sand structure that forms under the sea when a sediment-laden river reaches the sea and slows down, dropping the sediment out. Over time, this builds up, and can even build up enough to reach the river surface, creating sand bars and eventually vegetation islands.

However, always keep in mind that it's the same river, it has not bifurcated, and the only reason it sort of looks like it is because the river reaches the sea before the various channels rejoin around the downstream end of the sand bars.
    Okay, thanks for the clarification on that!
    Fixing the rivers is actually a little harder than I thought it would be, I'm really struggling on the isometric view of them.. How should I go about this?