Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Teldrassil (World of Warcraft) Map

Good idea and a very good start already!

Taylor - I know what you mean about translating the 2d maps to 3d. It can be tricky.
    The clouds look nice but are coming through looking 2d. Perhaps with the right shading you can trick the eye to make it look 3d but they are drawn a bit more 2d.
    They would need more of the top showing to make them look like they fit the rest of the map.

Great work so far TaylorH! I actually came across some of the in game maps just the other week. It's really neat how they combine different styles, like the very illustrative city combined with their classic style in your example. Concerning your map, I don't have much more to say then keep up the good work. I really like what you have so far

Cheers,
    Tainotim

As others have mentioned, this is already looking really nice. Look forward to watching it develop.

Cheers,
    -Arsheesh

Guild Journeyer Facebook Connected JefBT's Avatar

Wow, nice map! The perspective view of Teldrassil was a nice idea, and the work is awesome. Willing to see it finished.

Thanks everyone, much appreciated! Unfortunately I don't think I'll be finishing this soon as I'm currently on a work placement in the mountains of Scotland and don't have the map with me. I'll get it done afterwards though. Again, cheers for all the nice comments.
    http://thwoodsman.blogspot.co.uk/
    Conservation, Traditional Skills & Travel

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12