Thread: Teldrassil (World of Warcraft) Map

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Teldrassil (World of Warcraft) Map

Hello, everyone.

I'm not sure how many of the CG members are familiar with World of Warcraft, but I played the popular game for many years; I started when I was 12 and now I'm 21. I no longer play, but the game world is always in my mind. I could spend days and days thinking about the world's regions, flora and fauna. My favourite place to visit in the entire world of Azeroth is Teldrassil. My first character popped into existence in a little shadowy glen (called Shadowglen funnily enough). Teldrassil is a colossal island tree very much taken out of world tree mythology. I wanted to try and impress with something different. Very much inspired by Sarithus' maps, I've decided to take on an ambitious project which sees most of Teldrassil rendered from a perspective view.

As you can see from the image below I've taken some creative liberty. There is debate about how Teldrassil actually looks. Some say it is a vast trunk with a forest ecosystem in the middle, others say its bough would actually be fully developed, but due to the technical limitations of the game is represented as an open trunk. There are many things I would like to do with this map, such as drawing Darnassus in perspective and showing all the little in game features, but these are beyond my current capability and so will probably be represented by symbols. There's just too much to cover. I do however have the main geographical features in place.
    (Teldrassil trunk in-game)

Teldrassil in-game trunk silhouette seen from afar

Official top down Teldrassil map (Blizzard)

In-game 'satellite' view of above map showing natural features

So I'd like to present Teldrassil. I spent quite a bit of time on the planning, inking and trying to make it as neat as possible!

Edit: Re scanned better quality
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Teldrassil Ink Scan WIP.JPG 
Views:	170 
Size:	3.82 MB 
ID:	73620

Quite hard to translate top-down into a sort of perspective view, but I think I done a decent job of it.

Stay tuned.
    Last edited by TaylorH; 05-26-2015 at 07:28 AM.
    http://thwoodsman.blogspot.co.uk/
    Conservation, Traditional Skills & Travel