Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: World under construction

Wip World under construction

It's been said to me that I should make a thread under WIP. This is my first Photoshop project (mostly did pen and paper drawings). The coloring is still mostly basic and the cities will be specifically design. But this is what I have so far.
    I welcome any creative advice and comments.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	the world of mana.jpg 
Views:	161 
Size:	1.63 MB 
ID:	73673

I'm liking the direction of this DM.
    The font though is a bit too much. Certainly in all caps.

Professional Artist Guild Supporter Wired's Avatar

I concur, the map looks great, but font gets a big NO from this one.

The big font is mostly temporary. It's to give me a general idea of the area I'll reserve for the names later on, so I don't over complicate it with other things. Which I already did in some areas xD

I like the style of your mountains and forests. I also like that there are different types of coasts. Some with many bays and islands and some very straight ones. Looks as if you figured out the water movements of the ocean.
    I wonder what are that grey circles around the single island in the central upper half of the map? Is that the finished style or still work in progress? What are they meant to represent?

I still need to work on that detail (and many others ). It should be a permanent storm around a singural island a.k.a. 'The Sanctuary'. A lot of the map will be closly conected with the story, so without more lore (which I'm thinking of adding to the map) you will not be able to understand.
    Also, thx for the compliment

Community Leader Guild Sponsor Korash's Avatar

Yup, I like what you did to correct the center mountains/rivers. Much better

I like the forests too. However, after seeing the trees up north (like these too), the darker trees on the mountains in the middle seem too...abrupt. Maybe think about some sort of transition space between the deciduous and coniferous trees on the mountains would help that.
    Art Critic = Someone with the Eye of an Artist, Words of a Bard, and the Talent of a Rock.

Please take my critiques as someone who Wishes he had the Talent

This is my work so far. I don't think there will be anything different (style wise) for some time. So I'd like to get your comment on the coloring and the background now, before I go to deep

Name:	the world of mana.jpg 
Views:	87 
Size:	1.85 MB 
ID:	73747

I likes!! I likes a lot!
    "We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams"

Most of the colors are here. I know I need to fix some of the mountain ranges and coast lines but besides that, what do you think?

Name:	the world of mana 06.jpg 
Views:	67 
Size:	2.60 MB 
ID:	73885

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast