Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Telduria by Max

Community Leader Guild Sponsor - Max -'s Avatar

Thanks much guys, glad you like it!

Beautiful map! Good job Max!

Quite a wonderful map. Love all the detail.

Default Need to hire a cartographer

I have a fantasy book (second one) coming out in August. Need a map or two made. Was wondering around how much a map making would charge. I have the map/s outlined and am looking for a similar quality to this one, just don't have that much $, but can invest a little.

Anyone have an idea what a map like this would cost to do on commission?

Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by michaeldov View Post
    I have a fantasy book (second one) coming out in August. Need a map or two made. Was wondering around how much a map making would charge. I have the map/s outlined and am looking for a similar quality to this one, just don't have that much $, but can invest a little.

Anyone have an idea what a map like this would cost to do on commission?
    There is a section of this forum called Mapmaking Requests. You should post there, with all the information, sketches, etc, including your email address, and then people can contact you to answer your questions and discuss possible commissions.

Guild Applicant Facebook Connected Sam Jacobs Kline's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Such a beautiful map, I love the art style, and the compass is very cool

Looks awesome. Someone linked me to this place as an idea for a hobby to help cheer me up. Your map looks so good I definitely want to look into it

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Guild Novice

Hello Max,

I've become interested in cartography recently and I really thoroughly enjoy your work. You have wonderful maps and i really do enjoy looking at them again and again. Absolutely stunning!
    From what I've seen i liked the style of Free Cities of Denmar the most, ie http://www.maxsmaps.com/#!fantasy-maps-color/c1cwt .
    Although this might not be the proper place to ask, but could you share some information about this cartoony style you have used in mentioned map? I'm wondering what did you use to crete this masterpiece and i would really like to adopt that style for my own fantasy warhammer campaign. Please, if you find some time I would be eager to learn how to create this style of maps. So any tips and advices will be more than welcome!

Cheers,
    Eldrad

Community Leader Guild Sponsor - Max -'s Avatar

Thank you all

Quote Originally Posted by eldrad View Post
    Hello Max,

I've become interested in cartography recently and I really thoroughly enjoy your work. You have wonderful maps and i really do enjoy looking at them again and again. Absolutely stunning!
    From what I've seen i liked the style of Free Cities of Denmar the most, ie http://www.maxsmaps.com/#!fantasy-maps-color/c1cwt .
    Although this might not be the proper place to ask, but could you share some information about this cartoony style you have used in mentioned map? I'm wondering what did you use to crete this masterpiece and i would really like to adopt that style for my own fantasy warhammer campaign. Please, if you find some time I would be eager to learn how to create this style of maps. So any tips and advices will be more than welcome!

Cheers,
    Eldrad
    Actually I wouldn't call that style cartoony but well I use photsohop and a wacom tablet for my cartographic works. I shared a couple of WIPs in the WIP section and some samples of my workflow/process can be found in this thread

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast