Thread: Lost Blacklock Mine by Jaxilon - 2015 OPD entry

Default Lost Blacklock Mine by Jaxilon - 2015 OPD entry

May I present The Lost Blacklock Mine - created for one of our Monthly challenges and entered in the 2015 One Page Dungeon contest as well. The voting for the OPD contest is now over so I'm moving this to the finished works area. This got 1st place in the Cartographer's Guild monthly challenge and a 3rd place tier finish in the 2015 OPD. If you have not already seen this I hope you enjoy and if you have, well, I hope you enjoy it again.

Feel free to share your thoughts or critiques since that's what helps us all to keep getting better.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Blacklock.jpg 
Views:	378 
Size:	3.41 MB 
ID:	73732
    “When it’s over and you look in the mirror, did you do the best that you were capable of? If so, the score does not matter. But if you find that you did your best you were capable of, you will find it to your liking.” -John Wooden

* Rivengard * My Finished Maps * My Challenge Maps * My deviantArt

Community Leader Guild Sponsor - Max -'s Avatar

Congrats on the 1st place here and the 3rd place at OPD Jax, surely a nice map you have here!

Congratulations on the placing and a very nice dungeon map Jaxilon! Personally, my vote would have been for this above the1st place winners in the One Page Dungeon contest. This one beat them all!

Cheers,
    Tainotim

Quote Originally Posted by - Max - View Post
    Congrats on the 1st place here and the 3rd place at OPD Jax, surely a nice map you have here!
    Thanks Max. I'm still pretty happy with it which is kind of nice. You know how sometimes after a month or so you don't care as much for something you did?

Quote Originally Posted by tainotim View Post
    Congratulations on the placing and a very nice dungeon map Jaxilon! Personally, my vote would have been for this above the1st place winners in the One Page Dungeon contest. This one beat them all!

Cheers,
    Tainotim
    Wow, thanks a lot. They did say in the video discussion that so many of the entries this year were right up there and it was hard to decide. I think they weighted a bit more on creativity and story and not that much on art but that's ok, as it will force me to work more on the other areas I tend to not put as much time into.

Quote Originally Posted by J.Edward View Post
    Congrats Jax.
    Thank you sir.
    “When it’s over and you look in the mirror, did you do the best that you were capable of? If so, the score does not matter. But if you find that you did your best you were capable of, you will find it to your liking.” -John Wooden

* Rivengard * My Finished Maps * My Challenge Maps * My deviantArt

Congrats on 3rd place in the competition. I had a very quick glance at some of the other winners, and I think your artwork was definitely of a higher standard than some of them, but I didn't read all the text, so I can't comment on that aspect of the others. But still, 3rd place is nothing to sneeze at. Well done!
    "We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams"

Congratulations! That's a very pleasant map and clearly gamer-friendly !