• Meliponinae Nest - By Diego Araujo

6 35.29%
  • Map of Nimh - By Arsheesh

12 70.59%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: *** May Challenge Voting - Map Like a Creature ***

Post *** May Challenge Voting - Map Like a Creature ***

Hello Guild, this month's challenge was to create a map from the perspective a creature. The creature could be anything from an amoeba to a great blue whale. Things were a bit quite here this month but at least there were two entries (for a while there I was worried there might only be my own!). Please vote for the map(s) you like. The voting will end on the 5th of June. Please feel to rep away!

This was a great idea for a challenge. I wish more people had participated, so I congratulate you both who entered, thanks for doing so, your entries really made my imagination pop.

What a tough decision to make; each of the maps has it's own charm and a lot of work involved. I would give each of the participants a point but that wouldn't help deciding the challenge. So after half an hour of flipping back and forth between the 2 maps my vote goes to...

Wow, this is harder than I expected.
    One is super clean and professional albeit not quite finished but still in a good enough state that it didn't really need to be and the other is a great idea and excellent illustration but maybe a tad muddier on the mapping.

So... I'm gunna have to sleep on it.
    “When it’s over and you look in the mirror, did you do the best that you were capable of? If so, the score does not matter. But if you find that you did your best you were capable of, you will find it to your liking.” -John Wooden

* Rivengard * My Finished Maps * My Challenge Maps * My deviantArt

Ach, this is too hard. I agree with what Jaxilon said; I honestly cannot decide.

Guild Member

Ha! Didn't think that the authors of the entries could vote too.

The challenge wasn't in creating a map, but in keeping up with the quality that arsheesh map has. I can see it as a children book illustration in the way it is already!

Absolutely difficult to pick, both are great. Gave the vote to Arsheesh, but Diego's map is excellent and it was hard to choose.

OK, I would totally have voted for both but since there were only two maps to choose from I forced myself to make an agonizing decision and went with Nimh. The only reason was the clean lines and excellent artwork.

As for the one I didn't choose, it was in my opinion a slightly better idea and the illustration was amazing however I felt like the mapping portions were not as excellent as the illustration. Having said that it's entirely possible those are amazing maps from a bugs perspective and he's the Rembrandt of the species.

Very tough choice and I didn't like making it because both of these are wonderful. Unusual for a challenge that only had two entries. Thank you both for doing such nice work for us to enjoy.
    “When it’s over and you look in the mirror, did you do the best that you were capable of? If so, the score does not matter. But if you find that you did your best you were capable of, you will find it to your liking.” -John Wooden

* Rivengard * My Finished Maps * My Challenge Maps * My deviantArt

I would have voted for both of them too, but that is not really suitable for a contest with two entries. I went with Meliponinae Nest because it is kinda awesome and better encompasses the sort of thing I was looking for in my suggestion. Where as Map of Nimh is also very good but still feels like its a perspective more weighted towards human than mouse.

Thanks to Diego Araujo for participating in this month's challenge with his (?) wonderful entry. When I saw the finished product I knew I was in for a ride. My apologies for not being able to finish the colored version yet. Some unexpected things have come up. I do plan on completing the painting process and will re-post the final product when it is completed. Thanks also to everyone who participated in the voting process.

Cheers,
    -Arsheesh

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast