This is becoming a labor of deep love... I'm loving the style and have been developing the lore of this area, while working on the map, by a great deal. I'll share history later on, once this goes to the gallery of finished maps.

For now, I'm very proud to share the next iteration... many more labels added, internal boundaries within Kane added as well, and a massive cartouche, stolen and adapted from an old atlas. I'm not absolutely sold to the cartouche, it looks a little foreign to the rest of the map, or at least it does now, without a proper border and without insets on the western side of Kane. We'll see about it further down the process.

Other updates/comments:
The coastal waters feature - I haven't been able at all to produce any kind of pattern that wouldn't show repetition, so, for the time being I have a small experiment with handdrawn lines at the area of the Gulfs and at one of the lakes - if labeling is tedious, this is xtra tedious, it's an unbearable job to do with a mouse.

The mountains still need more variation, but I keep skipping from task to task and haven't been at that for quite some time. I've got good sources for it and I know exactly what to do, which is, I think, why I haven't done it yet

There is one spelling mistake and one grammar error in the map, on purpose. I may add one or two more, but I'm sure proof reading had been invented by 1700. If you find more than one of each, then it's my mistake and please let me know.

The larger pieces of text, like the cartouche, are done with individual paths which aren't completely straight. This is done with intention, but... did I overdo it? what do you think of it?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	WIP_HistoricalKane_v5.jpg 
Views:	94 
Size:	1.11 MB 
ID:	74216

All kind of comments are welcome.
(I will not rant about being a better map maker than any of the prestiged guild members and I will not rant about the lack of comment or lack of quality in the comments, promise...)