Thread: The northern lands: Fjords map

Default The northern lands: Fjords map

Hello
    I've once visited Norway and the beautifull landscape makes me want to try a map of those places.
    Here is a small attempt to map a part of the coasts of Norways. As usual i worked with QGIS, photoshop and illustrator. To show relief on this one, i tried to mix shades and contour lines to show altitude.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	fjords.jpg 
Views:	312 
Size:	2.33 MB 
ID:	73820

Guild Adept Facebook Connected Mateus090985's Avatar

Another beautifull and interessing map!

Good map. I visited Norway too (a long time ago), and I fully agree : the landscapes are stunning.
    I really like the way you did the lands : contour lines + shadings and colors are perfectly balanced and the render is great. I think the effect on the water is a bit strong and/or not following the coastlines enough. And I'm a bit bothered by the cities icons, dots or symbols would have been more in the style of the map imho.
    That being said, a very good and pleasant map!

This map is a stunner. The colors are beautiful. Unfortunately I've never been, but it seems like your map captures Norway well. I agree with Ilanthar though, the city symbols are a bit dominant. And there are a couple areas where the contour line labeling is tough to read, either due to a darker background color or odd label placement. Hard to quibble with too much though, this looks great!