Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Terralia

This is looking really good! And I also prefer the new colour palette.

My favourite part is that little volcanic island chain up North.

Looking forward to seeing more!

I don't really know how to explain this, but this new color palette is kind of unsettling for my eye/brain... When I look at your map it seems like it's screaming for either very dark elements or very whitish elements. As I said, I can't really explain it... hope it helps, though

Probably some variation in the land mass, - dryer regions, wetter, greener, etc. very opaque color washes in areas to darken, lighten, brownish, greenish. The broken off isles in the south seem a little too consistent. Maybe a lake at the base of a mountain rain from the run off? nice start.

Thanks for all the input guys. I really appreciate all your thoughts and good ideas!

@Joker: I think the tutorial 'rising up the mountains' by Pasis comes really close to what I do. I use four layers for the mountains, 3 pattern layers and a normal layer on top.
    The lowest layer is the hills layer.
    Above that is a layer with the rough outline of the mountains
    Above that one is a detail layer where I paint in all the ridges with a small brush.
    And the top layer is a normal layer where I paint in the shadows and highlights with black and white.
    Hope this helps.

When you follow Pasis tutorial, You will get very similar results, but if there is a demand for it I can try to make a tutorial.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12