Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Windows 10 Mapping Experiences

When it brings up a list of files on the disc there will more than likely be one called "setup" or "setup.exe". Just double click that and it should start the installation process. If there isn't one called that then it will be called something else... =P
    My new Deviant-thing. I finally caved.

Quote Originally Posted by Larb View Post
    When it brings up a list of files on the disc there will more than likely be one called "setup" or "setup.exe". Just double click that and it should start the installation process. If there isn't one called that then it will be called something else... =P
    That worked! Thanks so much Larb.

I'd still like to know how to make the installation start automatically, so if anyone can shed some light on that, I'd really appreciate it.

Quote Originally Posted by Neyjour View Post
    That worked! Thanks so much Larb.

I'd still like to know how to make the installation start automatically
    First of all, the disc needs an autostart routine. If it doesn't have one, it won't start automatically.

Windows also needs to have autostart reading activated, but I can't tell you where to do that in Windows 10. I assume that there still is a control panel and that the setting is in there somewhere. A good bit of water has to go over the dam and a number of critical problems with Windows 10 need to be resolved before I'm willing to switch. Also note that some anti-virus programs turn off autostart, simply because it's a great system to automatically infect your system.
    Mark Oliva
    The Vintyri (TM) Project

Guild Adept Facebook Connected jpstod's Avatar

I hear Dundjinni is working with Windows 10 just fine..no problems...which will be great if and when I upgrade my system
    The Wayward Traveler
    Guildmaster Galveston Island Adventurer's Guild
    http://jpstodwftexas.deviantart.com
    http://www.drivethrurpg.com/browse/p...?term=John+Pau
    [url]http://www.patreon.com/TheWaywardTraveler[url]

I haven't upgraded to Windows 10 yet (currently using Windows 7 professional). I've read that I have a year to do so before I have to pay for it so I'm going to wait a while. I imagine six months from now most compatibility issues should be ironed out and I'll also know from friends whether certain things I use work or not.
    My new Deviant-thing. I finally caved.

Blog Entries

I'd still like to know how to make the installation start automatically
    Auto run was DISABLED do to it being a SECURITY NIGHTMARE years ago ( should have been many many many years EARLIER )
    xp and vista still had this set to on ( back in win95 this SHOULD have been disabled )

Microsoft FINALLY !!! listened to the security experts and turned it off with Windows7

the os SHOULD ignore the "AUTORUN.INF"( the name is ALL capital ) BY DEFAULT AND BY DESIGN!!!!
    all that is ,is a text file that states to use a "Program.exe" on the dvd,cd,usb, AND!!! USB picture frames ( these WERE and ARE!!!!! comming out of China
    PRE INSTALLED with viruses !!!!!!

if you turn the autorun back on
    Viruses on ANY media will start to AUTO INSTALL AGAIN !!!!

and one of the MOST popular is the " Cryptolocker" that extorts a few hundred dollars or yen from you

When I load the disc, instead of automatically starting the installation process, it's either opening windows explorer and showing me a list of all the files on the disc, or nothing happens and I just keep getting these annoying messages pop up about "Tap to choose what happens, etc., etc..."
    just double click the ambiguous "setup.exe" like people have been doing for 20+ years on windows
    Last edited by johnvanvliet; 08-12-2015 at 03:50 AM.
    --- 90 seconds to Midnight ---
    --------

--- Penguin power!!! ---

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12