Thread: Hi

Guild Novice

Default Hi

Hi- My name is John Watermolen and I just joined the group. I have a degree in Cartography from the University of Wisconsin-Madison. I have worked the past 25 years for several federal and state of nevada agencies. I soend a lot of my time using GIS and do very little cartographic design. I look forward to being able to help create maps for users

Guild Expert Facebook Connected Meshon's Avatar

Hi, and welcome! What sort of maps are you interested in making? Or are you going to lend your expertise as a consultant? Whatever you decide to do, your contributions will be welcome, this is a really welcoming place

cheers,
    Meshon

Guild Novice

I would be willing to do either. I am willing to help create the fantasy type maps and have some ideas that I would like to try using GIS and LiDAR type data to make fantasy type maps. I prefer making poster size maps, but also have experience doing page size too. How do I get involved?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hey John. Welcome to the Guild.
    Just start a thread in the related category under Mapmaking discussion. Whatever you want to do.
    You can do a work-in-progress type thing or just drop in a finished map in the Finished Map thread.
    If you are looking for ideas to start on then just ask a question and I'm sure you'll get a response.
    Most of us work solo on maps but some do collaborative work as well.

Blog Entries

Hi more gis people
    my preferred software is the USGS/JPL ISIS3
    --- 90 seconds to Midnight ---
    --------

--- Penguin power!!! ---