Hello Guild. I've got some more specific naming questions. I think the reason I come up with some interesting questions (as a few people have said) is because I over-think and complicate things. Knowing that however, I still can't help but have tons and tons of questions when it comes to labels.

1. Let's say I have a river called 'River Sathir' Where does the Sathir part come from? Is it the area, from a person who found it or is related in some way to it, from something that happened there or all and any of the above?

2. River Sathir flows into a lake. Should the lake be called Lake Sathir? Or, again, named after someone?

3. The Forest of Thendorome. Does that imply that the forest is named after a person or simply is named after the area in which it is in?

4. Naming hills and valleys etc. Tolkien names hills and other things often in Sindarin. Emyn Muil means The Drear Hills, for example. Should River Sathir mean something like Anduin means 'Great River?'

5. Is it strange to use Anglicized (hope I'm using the right term there, e.g 'The Grove, The Great Chasm') in a map where some names aren't? What could it say about a certain place if one forest is called Thendorome and another is called 'The Grove'

Thanks.