Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sagemound

Map Sagemound

I took quite a long time finishing this one, much longer than was originally intended.
    It changed and is somewhat different than originally intended as well.
    When I first started this it was supposed to be for the monthly challenge, to show a progressing map which ended up being Haerlech.
    So I had intended to show this version of Sagemound and then the later city sprawling around the rivers, which can't be seen on this map.
    Like Bourmout this one ended up being done as a front and back page and then I added a history page.
    I was going to just type the history here but it was 5 notebook pages so I thought that might be a bit much.
    I was given a lot of good feedback in the wip thread - http://www.cartographersguild.com/sh...ad.php?t=30419
    I appreciate the feedback and input even if it didn't make it in here.
    It's a good process and I'm glad I started doing the wips. It helps a lot.
    Any ways, here you go. Cheers.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Sagemound [front] by sirinkman.jpg 
Views:	474 
Size:	1.62 MB 
ID:	74096 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Sagemound [back3] by sirinkman.jpg 
Views:	233 
Size:	1.26 MB 
ID:	74099 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Sagemound [history1] by sirinkman.jpg 
Views:	191 
Size:	1.90 MB 
ID:	74110
    Last edited by J.Edward; 06-15-2015 at 09:58 PM.

I think I preferred the side view up top myself but I know it was a tough choice. I'm glad you went for a multi-page format in the end given the density of information about the town - that kind of stuff is always fun to read and I think it is well presented. It's an inspiring piece anyway.
    My new Deviant-thing. I finally caved.

Thanks Larb.
    Yes, that was what I had meant to do but did not plan it properly for that view.
    I said later in the wip thread that I had another map/perspec thing that would have the perspec view on top and I made sure to plan it properly this time.
    I still appreciate your input.

The chronicle adds only more depth to the rich background of the world and makes the fantastic drawn town very lively. A shame i still can't rep you...
    Btw, i really don't like to be that person (cause i'm a maester of typos, especially in english XD), but there are still two orthographical remarks i have to make: there are word-doublings(?) under 1.) and 4.) ... also, i'm not sure if it's a new avantgarde thing, but in the bottom-left corner of the third page you left your colour-palette .

I just love this, man. I think the back page looks absolutely stellar. These are the kinds of maps I want to produce in he future.

Thanks Abu - color sample was not intentional. Good catch. Edited word content.
    Thanks GWN.

edit - And I think I may have found the rest of my typos. I hope so.
    Last edited by J.Edward; 06-15-2015 at 09:58 PM.

Amazing map, it was a lot of fun watching its progress!

This is stunning! So much I like about this piece. The tree roots border was a great touch. Consider me impressed.

Cheers,
    -Arsheesh

Community Leader Guild Sponsor - Max -'s Avatar

Oustanding work J. ! I love it.

Thank you Domino. Sometimes doing wips can be frustrating but I still think it's worth it.
    Thanks arsheesh. The border took a good bit longer than it should have too.
    I really wanted it to have nice green leaves but each version I did with leaves just looked wrong.
    Thanks so much Max.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast