Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Halimrith

Administrator Facebook Connected Diamond's Avatar

Have some rep from me, too. As the others have said, this is a really amazing effort. Not just for a first map, but amazing period. I love the sense of perspective those mountains lend; I think this is one of only a very few maps where I actually feel suspended above the land, looking down.

The only nitpick I could muster myself to find is the river system around and in the Red Mountains. I'm not quite sure what's going on there - it looks like you've got rivers splitting and rejoining, multiple exit points of the same river system to the sea, etc.

That is a wonderful style - I absolutely love it! And I enjoyed reading all of the labels and place names; they make me want to read a story from the setting and learn all about them.
    Kaitlin Gray - Art, Maps, Etc | Patreon | Instagram

Really nice work Wolram.
    A really pleasant map to explore.
    I would also agree that the challenges are great to help develop things you might not normally think about.
    And they are a fun way to get to know people and get used to dealing with deadlines.
    Not sure if this was stated before or not, some of your text labels aren't very readable - mainly in the mountains.
    I was going to say about using stroke but it doesn't work well with thin serif fonts.
    I can see that you do have a bit of outer glow but it isn't helping much. Maybe a bit wider glow or maybe a bit more opacity.

All I can say is "Jealous" wish I have your skills, don't think your a beginner, maybe a cartography but definitely not at drawing and being creative, nice work.

I'm with everyone else on this. Great job!

Cheers,
    -Arsheesh

If this is your first map, you're off to one hell of a start. Have some rep!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12