Thread: Private Map: Bran Castle 2015 - Color version

Default Private Map: Bran Castle 2015 - Color version

Some weeks back I decided to revisit this old map from 2014, just to practice some coloring. Regrettably, I accidently saved over the work file before I could finish it (). This was as far as I got before that!

The original description:
    "This illustration was made as a private gift. It was made drawing inspiration from a array of castles; but mainly Neuschwanstein in Germany, Bran Castle in Rumania (also inspired the name), and influences from my own fantasy mythos. I wanted to draw an ominous neo-gothic castle, built on a mountain with a smaller village, or town, below.
    Done with traditional medium on an A4, that then was scanned for final editing and labeling. "

Thanks again for all the kind feedback and advices during this small WIP, and even though I didn't get a chance to use them on this, I will put them to work on a smaller city map I'm working with on the side

Cheers,
    Tainotim

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Bran Castle 2014 C.jpg 
Views:	180 
Size:	3.58 MB 
ID:	74132
    Last edited by tainotim; 06-16-2015 at 04:28 PM. Reason: added original description

Community Leader Guild Sponsor - Max -'s Avatar

I feel your pain Tainotim. The map would have deserved some extra touches of light to make the castle pop up but antxay, that's still a very nice job

Thanks Max! Yea, I felt that I was on to something here, it just needed a little more work to get it there! Oh well, probably won't ever do the same mistake again. Live and learn

Cheers,
    Tainotim

I still think it is quite a fine map T.
    You could still do the work you want to it, just as layers on top.
    Like multiply layers for shadows and softlight or overlay layers for highlights and still retain transparency.

Personally, I think this is absolutely lovely as it is! Maybe it could have been better, I dunno, but that doesn't take away from what it is currently. Repped!
    "We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams"

It was a great map before you decided to improve it, and an even better one now, despite your unfortunate click. I really like it, it catches really the Neuschwanstein look (and another castle in Austria that I can't recall the name). Can't rep you, but would have done it!