Thread: Fantasy Region Map (apocalypse before and after)

Post Fantasy Region Map (apocalypse before and after)

Hello Cartographers!
    This is my first time making a request (you have no idea how thankful I am that you guys exist ) I'll apologise in advance if I miss out on anything. Feel free to ask me anything about it and I'll do my best to answer. I'm not working from or asking for anything specific, this is very much asking for a more experienced view on what's believable.
    Thanks in advance for taking time to read my request.

Commission info
    I'm looking for a couple of maps for a pathfinder game I'll be running. While I don't have much money available I respect your work and expertise that I'm willing to pay.
    While I'll be looking for a world map and a map of a major city I'll post those in separate requests. I don't have anything specific in mind really other than that this is set on an earth-like world.

Subject and content
    Two(?) maps of the same region.
    I don't have many specific thoughts for the shape or size of the region in question.
    I'm thinking of a large region/small country, majorly secluded from the rest of the country/continent by a border of mountains with at least one large forest.
    Specifically I want it to feature a large port town and a more centralised sprawling city/capital as well as a trade port up on a trade path through the mountains.
    Other than that I have no specific ideas for placements, features or anything.

The second would be the same region 4000 years after a destructive arcane force had washed over the world.
    Thinking for the most part physical destruction would be fairly minimal, though there would be tainted and warped things.
    Flooding, partial forest destruction, collapse of mountain tunnels/passes perhaps, maybe streaks of land where the earth has been charred, corrupted or such.
    I suppose it's more of a creative thing so maybe this is something I should go elsewhere for, but I thought I'd throw it in here all the same...

Visual Style
    I don't know about style, I like most styles I've seen around the forums here. I just want them as a reference piece, but I'm willing to discuss whatever styles you're comfortable with.

Quality & Size
    I'm unsure about this. I'll be sharing the original before map with my players as a handout. I have no real experience with this sort of thing, but I'd like to be able to zoom in on regions...not sure if that even means anything XD

Time Constraints
    I don't have any hard constraints on time, ASAP would be nice, but any time within the next month or so is fine.

Copyright
    Not sure about this. I want to have enough rights to be able to commission other pieces based on this, to print it, and use it online.
    I'm not planning on selling it, just using it personally and sharing with friends.

Contact Details
    I'd prefer PMs to putting an email address up here, but will give email address out on request.

Thanks again to reading and look forward to hearing feedback from you guys!
    Last edited by Korash; 06-16-2015 at 08:31 PM.

Hey Cyberspark! You need to post at least 5 times before being able to receive PM's. I would like to know little bit more about this request so feel free to email me; the.44.domino@gmail.com Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Domino44 View Post
    Hey Cyberspark! You need to post at least 5 times before being able to receive PM's. I would like to know little bit more about this request so feel free to email me; the.44.domino@gmail.com Thanks!
    Yeah, I realised that after I posted XD, but I've shot you an email. Let me know that you get it and feel free to ask me any questions there

This request has been taken.