Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The World of Idum Dtal Terra

Wip The World of Idum Dtal Terra

My Current WIP. When complete I will be looking into importing it into Photoshop for touchups, feedback appreciated
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IdumDtalTerraWOGridWIP2.png 
Views:	190 
Size:	2.79 MB 
ID:	74083  
    Last edited by Thrashinit; 06-15-2015 at 04:25 PM.

Whoa! This looks amazing. Do you have a higher res version you can show us?

Cheers,
    -Arsheesh

Banned User

Nice start! Some of the swirls and spirals of land and islands are fairly unnatural, but they sure give it an interesting look

I really want to zoom in on some of those circular features! Are they complex ringed impact basins? I think I see some central peaks, but I'm not sure about the most prominent one in the lower-left quadrant...

Many of the features actually are not natural, most of the caldera you see were caused via unnatural magic. All of the landmass you see, with the exception of the southern continent, used to be a single mass. All of those caldera are ultimately responsible for the shape the world is currently in.

As for higher res, I dont really have any at the moment, but i do have some close ups I can share

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Isle of Th' Avalos.png 
Views:	48 
Size:	1,017.1 KB 
ID:	74103Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Isle of Dtum.png 
Views:	47 
Size:	1.87 MB 
ID:	74102Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Ishkaroth.png 
Views:	44 
Size:	3.53 MB 
ID:	74101Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Naskaran Isle's.png 
Views:	29 
Size:	3.25 MB 
ID:	74104Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Thule and Dthun.png 
Views:	30 
Size:	2.24 MB 
ID:	74105Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Shattered Spine.png 
Views:	39 
Size:	2.21 MB 
ID:	74106Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Steppes.png 
Views:	30 
Size:	4.05 MB 
ID:	74107

heres another

Name:	Thunelynds.png 
Views:	37 
Size:	1.88 MB 
ID:	74108Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Dtal Crecent.png 
Views:	43 
Size:	4.28 MB 
ID:	74109

Wow... that is wickedly awesome! Definitely the most eye-catching, uniquely designed world/landmass I've seen to date. I absolutely love it.

I'm really curious... what program did you create this in? And is it going to have icons, labels, roads, etc?

It looks like the gods were a little overzealous in shaping that world, heheh!

Man, those are some really awesome coastlines. What kind of map will this be?

I used Fractal Terrains 3 by Campaign Cartographer. I spent about 5 mo getting the pallet for the land to look right.

As for refinements like roads and cities and such, I plan on using photoshop or gimp or other like program to add that stuff in after I have refined the shading.

As for the Gods being zealous in the world creation, nope! All exotic features created by evil intent to open gates to the bog fields of the world of Acheron, the home of aberrations and demons.

The setting ultimately has a theme of light vs dark much like the undertones of Lord of the Rings, with an added cthuluvian 'twist' (pun intended). The spines, swirls and tentacle like mountains are all scarring from the influences of the Acheron gates.

Here is one that is much earlier in the worlds history before the massive Acheron Gate in the South Western Hemisphere was fully activated with the blood of an angel

Name:	Test1.png 
Views:	83 
Size:	2.79 MB 
ID:	74126.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast