Thread: The Ioldivan peninsulas [WIP]

Wip The Ioldivan archipelagos

Hi,

I am working on a new project that features multiple special peninsulas in multiple archipelagos all linked by a mysterious force, that only makes them inter-accessible on precise months. In total, I plan between three to six archipelago maps and here is the first one:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1- Belliont.jpg 
Views:	80 
Size:	2.52 MB 
ID:	74164

Eventually, when I add the other archipelagos, I will add a frame and a legend, but I want to know what you think about what I have done for now.
    Last edited by Blaiselle; 06-17-2015 at 07:16 PM.

This looks nice! I really love the shape of the islands and I think the font fits well with the style of the map. Maybe the land could use a bit more colour variation. It is hard to see where the forests end and the fiels begin. The height of the terrain is also a bit hard to distinguish. Overall very nice.

Quote Originally Posted by Len Wolff View Post
    This looks nice! I really love the shape of the islands and I think the font fits well with the style of the map. Maybe the land could use a bit more colour variation. It is hard to see where the forests end and the fields begin. The height of the terrain is also a bit hard to distinguish. Overall very nice.
    Thanks for the advice. I followed most of it, but I don't think I can justify colour variation due to the small size of it all.

Here is a new version of my first map with changes to the visibility of the height map and the forests.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1- Belliont.jpg 
Views:	92 
Size:	2.32 MB 
ID:	74172