Thread: Dungeons and Dragons Writer

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Quote Originally Posted by Gamerprinter View Post
    There's lots of effort in this illustration, especially getting the perspective right in relationship between the foreground and background - noting the angling of the towers from central viewpoint. I like the detailing in the different structures, especially the non-houses.

Still there's a definite "cartoon" quality to this map, that really isn't my aesthetic, though I appreciate its value in the proper context. Perhaps its the garish colors used (the purple roofs and glowing blue windows). Also the oversized scale of the drawbridge and wall machiolation compared to the size of the buildings within, or the paper-thin machiolated walls on the structure at the top of the map.

I do like the painterly grass used throughout.

This "map" really looks like it belongs as an illustration to a children's book, which is not a bad thing, just not my aesthetic.

Nice style though.

GP
    The name of my next module is, The Rat Children of Mullbury Hill; hence the cartoon style that I have used for the village is appropriate for the module that I am writing. The heroes of this adventure must save the children of the village from being transformed into humanoid rat-like creatures called, Ratlings. An ancient enemy named Craven has been resurrected from the dead to stop the word of the True God from spreading throughout the world. Craven is the evil that is transforming the children into his minions that he could control and use them to attack those who would dare to worship the True God.
    Last edited by BlackLotus; 10-06-2008 at 12:43 AM.