Hey there, for a homebrew campaign happening in the Rostland plains of Brevoy (Pathfinder setting), i'm making a relatively small town (about 1000 population) in the middle of the plains, calm, quiet and surrounded by fertile plains, farms and fields.
The town itself is fortified and at the center of a long line of fortifications, old ruined walls and watchtowers. These stretch west to east and cut the plains in two, dating way back from when Rostland was a small Taldan settlement focused around Restov and the Shrike river (before the expansion north and west), and was often the prey of barbarian tribes, bandits and their rough northern neighbors in Issia.

I've quickly sketched the layout of things, the terrain elevation (in shades of red) and the wealth (in shades of green), although that will likely change.

I'll be making two versions, a focus on the town itself (zoomed in) and a slightly zoomed out map (like this WIP) for the purposes of my campaign.

The area itelf is pretty good for me, i'll be tweaking the farms and small paths criss-crossing them, the one thing that's nowhere near final is the town itself (its shape, layout, content, etc..), its all very vague at the moment and will probably change quite a lot as i'm figuring out exactly what to do with it.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	WIP_1.jpg 
Views:	109 
Size:	1.96 MB 
ID:	74232

A bit vague for now, but i'm open to early criticism and guidance in making an interesting and realistic city layout (right now it's too straight, I prefer the "by accretion" type of streets and density, and given the age of the place it would fit).