Thread: Interactive Map with layers?

Question Interactive Map with layers?

Here is a map of my fictional world Al'Dor that my friends and I are creating for our own D&D campaigns.

Map of Al'Dor
    I tried using MashupForge, but it only lets me display one layer at a time.

I have been using GIMP to create layers for changing political boundaries (our world is 1600 years old and things change a lot) which works pretty well as I turn layers on and off, but I can't share it like that.

Does anyone know of a way I can make my map an interactive map and host it online (so a user can turn layers on and off and zoom in and things) I know some basic html and java but i'm not sure how I would go about making this.

Hi sekamin, interesting project you have here!
    If you wish to do an interactive online map i suggest you give a try to leaflet. It's used to display real world data but you can use it for image files.
    Here's a basic example of the leaflet control layer interface:
    http://leafletjs.com/examples/layers...l-example.html

I had a similar question and am using leaflet.js myself. My problem was more of creating the map tiles themselves from my map so I ended up writing my own. Here's the project if you want to mess with it yourself or I could zip up the compiles program. I write it on .net 4.6, figured it might be of use to someone other than me.

https://github.com/Bhaughbb/MapTileSlicer

Blog Entries

I have my own too but I might have a look at your source later on. Whats the max size image (say JPG) it will handle to slice ?