Thread: WIP: Fantasy city Sian

Wip WIP: Fantasy city Sian

Hi everyone,

Newbie here. I've been creating a map of a city set in a world I'm creating for a Dungeons and Dragons I'm running. I've mostly been using information from the Eneini GIMP city tutorial by pyrandon so far in building it, although I haven't gone through all the steps and as a result the land is lacking a lot of detail at the moment.

I've attached what I've got so far, it's very basic but I'm happy with what I have for now to show to my players this week.

I'd really appreciate it if anyone could give me any advice on how I could continue to improve this and work on, whether it's things I could add or a way I could have done something better, it'd be helpful

EDIT: Oh, and I don't have any special tools or anything, I've been using GIMP and a mouse to do this.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Sian.png 
Views:	104 
Size:	1.39 MB 
ID:	74277
    Last edited by Cipscis; 06-22-2015 at 06:13 AM.

Guild Member Facebook Connected

Seems like a solid start for a map. Was this a planned city, or did it just grow outward along the river? Also, is the blank middle section a castle, a temple, or the ruins of either? All that dead space looks like it would either be pasture/farmland or a "stay away from the dangerous place" radius.