Thread: Political map of the Elwynnese Union

Guild Expert Guild Supporter Lingon's Avatar

Default Political map of the Elwynnese Union

Look! It's a map!
    (don't-know-how-to-start-threads-syndrome)

This is a map for a role-playing group, the second one commissioned by Harald Freyjugjöf (the first being this one). It shows the administrative regions of the country of Elwynn.

As usual it's a mix of traditional and digital work, I drew the coastline and borders with an ink pen and did the coloring and labeling in PS. The font is Xisfani by Liliana Diaz.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Elwynn5.jpg 
Views:	300 
Size:	610.0 KB 
ID:	74289
    Last edited by Lingon; 08-15-2017 at 08:37 AM. Reason: Changed name of commissioner on his request

Looks nice, I feel like you went a little overboard on the number of regions, that's a formidable wall of text at the top

Sent from my SM-G357FZ using Tapatalk

Administrator Facebook Connected Diamond's Avatar

Pretty cool as per usual, Lingon. Couple of questions: why are some of the province names listed in all caps when others aren't? Also, what are the smaller purple areas? City-states?

Great, another Lingon map ! Nice and clear map. My only regret is that I would have gladly seen the provinces lists on a separate/additional cartouche. The colours are very well chosen and I love the little insets in the bottom left.

Love the colors Lingon! Nice work.

Cheers,
    -Arsheesh

Guild Expert Guild Supporter Lingon's Avatar

Thanks for the comments and the rep!

Quote Originally Posted by a.coldyham View Post
    Looks nice, I feel like you went a little overboard on the number of regions, that's a formidable wall of text at the top
    Cheers! The number of regions was already decided, I was given a huge list in alphabetical order and told to make them fit, basically. It is a wall of text, but it's not meant to be read all at once, just to look up the province you're interested in, so I think it works for the purpose it's for.

Quote Originally Posted by Diamond View Post
    Pretty cool as per usual, Lingon. Couple of questions: why are some of the province names listed in all caps when others aren't? Also, what are the smaller purple areas? City-states?
    Thanks Diamond! The names in caps are cities, which are also labeled on the map itself in caps. I thought that would make the cities easier to find within the long lists. And yup, purple areas are city-states

Quote Originally Posted by Ilanthar View Post
    Great, another Lingon map ! Nice and clear map. My only regret is that I would have gladly seen the provinces lists on a separate/additional cartouche. The colours are very well chosen and I love the little insets in the bottom left.
    Thanks Ilanthar! That's a good idea, though it would have taken a huge cartouche… This way, you can see the map below the text, and I think it would've looked odd with a cartouche that covers almost half the map?

Quote Originally Posted by arsheesh View Post
    Love the colors Lingon! Nice work.

Cheers,
    -Arsheesh
    Thanks Arsheesh!