Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: June / July '15 Lite Challenge: Halarnoth (The Shattered Isles)

I've just realised I haven't named this thread according to the rules. Is it possible to re-name the thread or do I need to make a new one instead?

#noob

Quote Originally Posted by Wolram View Post
    I've just realised I haven't named this thread according to the rules. Is it possible to re-name the thread or do I need to make a new one instead?

#noob
    Gottcha covered.

You're a wizard Bogie!

A quick update,

When I came back to Halarnoth last night I thought it was looking a bit dull, so I've brightened it up a bit and got some more colour in there. I'm showing towns as drybrush painted circles but I'm not sure it's really appropriate, let me know what you think.

Still a lot of texture and detail to go in, but I imagined some sort of circular gulf stream whirling around Arvascr spreading warm air further south, and the mountains facing the open ocean are cold and icy. The tides could be similar to Antarctica which has a constant tide whirling around it, which would make Arvascr quite hard to reach by sea, and the people there would be further isolated. I was intending to put rumb lines on, but having read up on them, it wouldn't really work without greatly warping the map (I wouldn't even know where to start in getting them right with crazy tides!)

### Latest WIP ###Click image for larger version. 

Name:	HALARNOTH 4.jpg 
Views:	82 
Size:	1.55 MB 
ID:	74380

Coming along great, the added color is good. Not loving the towns though, I think either a graphic symbol or an icon would be better.
    Still, a great map, way better than I could make.

Really great so far! The color is really nice, and I love the detailed mountains. I have to agree with Bogie though about the town symbols, with a deferent style map they would look fine, but with the style you have created they look sloppy.

I am loving this so far! Keep up the great work!

Yes, very nice so far. But I'm definitely in agreement with Bogie and Domino44 about the town symbols - unless those were just intended as placeholders for the real symbols.

Cheers,
    -Arsheesh

Yea I had similar trouble on my last map. Gonna have to bit the bullet and come up with something proper! Thanks for the feedback chaps

Your new colouring is fab. I liked it before, but wow, it really pops now! Fantastic improvement.
    "We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams"

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast