Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Cloak and Coins - fantasy maps set commission

Community Leader Guild Sponsor - Max -'s Avatar

Map Cloak and Coins - fantasy maps set commission

This set of fantasymaps was a commission for Red Turban Press and its tabletop RPG in progress "Cloack & Coins", a setting compatible with 13th Age RPG. The maps show the setting world, the Peninsula of Santarem in the 6 cities confederacy and Estôm, one of the cities of the peninsula. Digitaly hand-drawn in PS.

© M.PLASSE 2015 - All rights reserved

Hope you'll like it. As usual, feel free to rate, rep or run away

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	RTPset.jpg 
Views:	790 
Size:	3.85 MB 
ID:	73048

Banned User

I'm always impressed by how complete and uniform your style is. I don't think anyone can best you in overall presentation. Love the red border.

Very nice Max! Three great maps. However, I must say, the parchment thing you have outside the frame looks kind of strange. Compared to your otherwise sharp style I can't really tell what it is.

Cheers,
    Tainotim

Again (and again and again...) you present a beautiful work. I like it a lot (and willl probably look into the rpg). I love the colors, the moutains and i even warm to that forest style (i think you really added progress to that style). Any chance you can get an "OK" from the client to post the maps separately and in a (at least a bit) higher res? Especially the world-map is a bit small.
    The only thing that "gets me" are the walls of the city. They are not closing off the city effectly (there are at least two entry-points beside the harbor)...that kind of destroys my suspension of disbelief. But i guess as this is a commission, it was not up to you in the end.

Anyway, as i can Rep. you again (), here is some well deserved Rep. for you!
    I'm trapped in Darkness,
    Still I reach out for the Stars

Oh Max, one of these days you'll make a map that I don't instantly fall in love with ... but today's not that day! Amazing, fantastic work as always.

Amazing...BLA, BLA, BLA... *All bow down humbly before you.*

Very, very lovely work! However I must agree with Tainotim's remark about the parchment. Otherwise wonderful job.

Cheers,
    -Arsheesh

The map work itself is great as it most often is. I do agree on the parchment. It doesn't seem up to your standards.
    I've commented before on other parchment backgrounds you've done that were fabulous.
    This seems sort of hazy... out of focus, maybe... what was your motivation for the parchment?
    The rest of the maps are crisp and sharp and the parchment being hazy/blurry is what makes it stand out I think.

It doesn't diminish the work you did with the maps. That work is very good.

Guild Expert Facebook Connected Meshon's Avatar

Please tell me where in Photoshop is the "amazingmapmaking" button that runs the script so I can make amazing maps like these and not have to do any work.

The detail in the town. Stundersome*. You've got good looking buildings, but with streets intricate enough to run a chase scene through. Thanks for posting the inspiration!

cheers,
    Meshon

*Stunning and wonderful and awesome. I may begin to use this as a short hand. I would get to use it a lot around the Guild here.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast