Thread: Greetings

Guild Applicant

Default Greetings

Hello all!

Well I am a world building enthusiast who does love to write, make maps and design the aspects of cultures, races and religions. For as long as I can remember, I enjoyed reading books, playing games and role playing, all of this together gave birth to my intense desire to write stories of my own and to develop those worlds. Learning from Tolkien among others, I have a passion for creating things. While my writing in good, my world building detailed, my map making skills lack far behind the other areas for me. While I can draw maps by hand, I only recently started experimenting in GIMP (to much frustration). I have in the past couple days started flirting with the combination of my base maps and GIMP symbols. I will be putting up said map in the forums a bit later.

Tutorials on this site are a great help! The community seems vibrant, the criticism good, and the general atmosphere seems to be welcoming. I look forward to working here and honing my skill for map making and for world building.

Cheers!

-EternalRose

Banned User

Hello EternalRose, welcome to the Guild! I'll look forward to seeing your first map post