Thread: Nice to find you all :)

Guild Novice Facebook Connected

Default Nice to find you all :)

I'm a big fan of maps, especially in tabletop RPGs.

I'm soon to be running the World's Largest Dungeon for my group. My plan is to use Roll20.net to recreate the maps with dynamic lighting and shadow and animations and sounds, and then I'll use a projector to project this downward into a large table I have, also with surround sound speakers set up. My group doesn't suspect yet and it's not really a length of effort that people I play with usually go to (it's generally a laminated grid sheet and whiteboard markers). I'm looking forward to surprising them.

Anyway, I started looking for better/faster/easier ways to create maps for both my current WLD campaign and future campaigns and my google-fu led me here. I'm delighted to meet you all, this place is like going to heaven and it turns out to be a shop full of candy d20s. I think that metaphor got a little away from me, but huzzah for being here! This place seems awesome and after just a brief browse around the forums I really wanted to join in the community so here I am.

I'm Obscu, 26m, from Australia. I DM a bunch, don't get to play as much as I'd like, and I want to put 'too much effort' (read: an appropriate amount of effort) into my maps.

Banned User

Hello Obscu, welcome to the Guild!