Thread: Kumanai Map

Map Kumanai Map

Ok so this is the first time I've posted but this is a map I've been working on for a while so I thought I'd post it here for feedback. Might use it for a pathfinder campaign.

The North is ruled by a council of heads in jars atop giant clay automatons. The south west is ruled by a collection of elves driven insane by the glass forest. The central south is ruled by humans (asian inspired culture). Below them in the island city of Firelight are red skinned orcs who have tamed their rage and built a thriving culture separate from their savage kin. In the west are more traditional orc barbarian tribes and a mysterious sunken city called Burzum in the north west.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	MAP.png 
Views:	86 
Size:	932.1 KB 
ID:	74603
    Last edited by bassmox; 07-08-2015 at 09:58 AM.

Banned User

Nice layout, good colors, rivers in the right places, looks fine to me

As you progress, I think you'll find lots of ways to improve (tapering the rivers, for example), but for a first map, I call this one well done!

Thanks chick! I really appreciate the feedback. I'll look into tapering for next time. Looks like it's one of those things that's much easier to do correctly at the beginning than correcting later. I've figured out a few of those sorts of things from doing this map so far. Thinking of tackling a city map next.

Nice first map. I was reading the description:
    "...ruled by a council of heads in jars atop giant clay automatons..."
    WAIT WHAT? That's exciting!

It looks like you created the coast and rivers by using either an erase or a paint brush that was set on one width. Things that will help in future is varying width, and using the brush to also add back onto land. Helps remove the human hand.

Haha! I can't take full credit for the jarheads unfortunately. A bit of brainstorming with someone from my pathfinder group generated those guys but I can't wait til one of them shows up in a game sometime. Thanks for the feedback. I'm sure there's a keyboard shortcut or two I can find in GIMP somewhere to make sure I do plenty of brush variation next time I do some map making.