Very nice work, I'm a fan of vectors and I really like seeing what people accomplish with them. My only suggestion is aesthetics (I've never read the series either). To make your coastal wave lines I'm guessing you did an offset of the coast? The lines get tangled in some of the sharp corners as a result. In particular I noticed one grid square to the east of "The Dead Sea" label, just below Tanchico, right by Ebou Dar, and Illian. There's a few other places too, and where two points of land come close together those lines overlap in a distracting way, by the island Tremalking and by the city Mayene (thanks for the expertise, ChickPea!).

This tends to happen with complex lines when you offset them. My suggestion would be to do the first offset and (if you're using Illustrator), try the "simplify" command on one of the ripple lines first. If that gives you what you need you're golden, you can just repeat the offset using the simpler line.

If it doesn't work, you may have to go in and clean up the first offset manually, using the "subtract anchor point" version of the pen tool. Once you've gotten rid of the tangles then you can repeat the offset using the new clean line. For the spots where those lines overlap, just turn the lines into separate shapes, as seen here.

This is a really fantastic wedding gift.

cheers,
Meshon

Edit: I forgot to say thanks for sharing all the bits and pieces, I really like to see things like that, I usually find something I can learn in it.