Thanks for the reply. I already know what I'd do differantly about the cliffs. The are not horrendously bad as they are now but What would have worked better would have been two crisscrossing lines that could then have been made to look like the cliffs in and out from behind one another. I've got a scetch back at the appartment right now.

As for styles I like, I like many but one that I dream about doing is a famous japanese painter did a regional map in birds eye view. I've got that data somewhere but I can't get to it right now. I'ts absolutely beautiful. I'm going to give it a go some time soon.

The trick with the computer related stuff is that I don't have a fully functional computer. I use a univer. comp. lab where I work. They have one scanner that some kids take as the status computer (no they aren't scanning anything and there are thirty others available they just like that one) half the time. I'm working to change this.

I have an old i-mac in storage that is dieing. I aquired i-book that is a bit of an upgrade for it. It has no keyboard or power cord right now (looking to get the power cord soon). I'll hook up an external keyboard and keep it wall powered as my main home computer. It's not net accessed but It will allow me to get ahold of things I haven't accessedin years. And since it's abit of an upgrade I can do some other things with it. Somewhere in storage is a compatable scanner, and I have a compatable drawing tablet that I found at goodwill for five bucks. With a usb hub I should be able to expand the 1usb port to allow the new keyboard, tablet and scanner and still have room for a thumb drive, printer or even a usb wireless. That should get me up and running again after years.

I still prefer hand made maps though.