Thread: Ikaria - My first attempt at hand-drawn maps

Wip Ikaria - My first attempt at hand-drawn maps

Hi,

This is my first attempt at hand-drawing a map I would like to know what you think about it.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Ikaria Watercolor.jpg 
Views:	114 
Size:	1.54 MB 
ID:	74445

Looks good. Differentiating between some of the greens is difficult. Could you tell us about the setting?

Sent from my SM-G357FZ using Tapatalk

Keep consistent!

The style may not be the most artistic ever... but it is authentic and well done. The colouration is perfectly fitting for the map. Overall, a great map!

What doesn't fit is the labelling. The font, the colour, the effects... it is so clearly digital and clashes horribly with the handdrawn style of the rest of the map.

Quote Originally Posted by a.coldyham View Post
    Looks good. Differentiating between some of the greens is difficult. Could you tell us about the setting?

Sent from my SM-G357FZ using Tapatalk
    It's a Classical Era setting mixing both Eastern and Western influences.

DwarfChieftain

Looks good for a first timer! I would agree with Freodin, the font doesn't fit that much. Too bubbly and funky.

Banned User

Bubbly and funky? I think the font looks just fine. It's simple, sized well, the only problem I see with it is that some of the lines of the map show through/over/on the font.

The terrain drawings are very nice, and the greens do delimit the different regions just fine. I like the colors but you could do a bit better with the ocean hatching marks.

I don't care for the compass rose, but I think the map overall is a very nice first map and deserves rep for a first map posting!