Thread: December 2015 Annual Challenge: Atlas Brought Low

Wip December 2015 Annual Challenge: Atlas Brought Low

I envisage a scholarly adventurer whose explorations have lead him to a colossal statue in the middle of a desert.

Like explorers of old; this adventurer sets about sketching the outward appearance of the edifice before venturing inside the colossus to map the internal structure too.

It is evident that this giant in the desert is in a parlous state and it cannot be guessed how much longer the crumbling remains will survive; thus the adventurer sketches & maps in duplicate: the first as he finds it in his present day, and the duplicate as he imagines it must have looked in its pomp.

With a final flourish, our explorer shows a mischievous side in his cartography; inscribing his map with a codified location of the colossus' whereabouts that only he can decipher...

### Latest WIP ###
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Atlas WIP 1.jpg 
Views:	64 
Size:	116.0 KB 
ID:	74582

Wip

So, I have made a temporary parchment for the sketches to sit on... which may become a permanent parchment if I don;t think I can do any better later down the line.

### Latest WIP ###
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Atlas2WIP.jpg 
Views:	136 
Size:	3.48 MB 
ID:	74620

Next steps will be to start contextualising the size of the structure with some trees around its feet, and then to start mapping out the cross section and floor plans of the insides. I am expecting there to be approximately 10 floors inside.