Hum, well, thanks, that's a lot of compliments !

@Eilathen : yeah, I think I've made more progress with cities/fantasy map than for space maps. Well, I gave my sources of inspiration for this (page 2 I think), and I'm gonna try to give a bit of the setting global issues.
Apart for the quite forgotten mythical age, the history is quite cyclic (though science & knowledge is globally increasing from one to the next). And most of the inhabitants just remember the last one. For divine and mythical reasons, each cycle begins with the breaking of seven seals by the gods. This allow new fantastic challenges and possibilities to emerge, some restrictions to disapear, and usually result in the foundation of empires or golden eras in some regions. Anyhow, it's a possibility for seven sentient beings to reach immortality, then, to take retirement from the world, usually by joining the gods in their celestial domain.
In the last cycle, something went partly wrong. Seven empires rose (which is not always the case), two of the future immortals became dangerous and amoral, two others defied the gods and the cosmic rules... Then, the gods and the other planar lords (from dreams, death and abyss) doomed those empires in a more brutal manner than usual, with drastic consequences for some regions, still marked by those cataclysms.
The time is now in the middle of a cycle : some powers are on the rise, heroes are emerging, the gods haven't broken all the new seals yet. Time and challenges will determine those worthy to be chosen as immortals.

@Tainotim : funny, because I actually thought to make this my annual challenge. Then, I thought I would try something more experimental (for me at least) and chose to do this a regular WIP.

@Diamond : yep, just posting a part, the whole map was too big from the start... So 2 pictures, it will be. And I thought It was useless to show the part I'm not working on, so...

Here's the western continents done (with no labels)... And I see I've forgotten to color one tropical forest.. Hum, that will be corrected.
Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Domhantyr.jpg 
Views:	51 
Size:	3.26 MB 
ID:	75213