Thread: Hello! D.N.Frost here, fantasy author, cartographer, & world-builder

Map Hello! D.N.Frost here, fantasy author, cartographer, & world-builder

Hello, everyone! I'm excited to be here.

I'm a self-published fantasy author, a self-taught Photoshop cartographer, and a self-made world-builder. I also do fictional map commissions, which you can learn about at DNFrost.com/commissions. Or, check out my finished commission portfolio at DNFrost.com/portfolio.

My love for storytelling drives me to build the Known World and tell its tales. I've been developing my saga for almost 15 years now. I do all my own writing, editing, publishing, marketing, and of course, mapping!

I began doing fantasy cartography to make a map for my self-published novel. But...I got hooked! I made a map for the book, and a map for each of the book's four sections. Then I made a map for each chapter of the book.

Now, Awakening has 19 maps. It's just as much an atlas with a story as it is a novel with maps. And for the sequel, Broken, I've planned even more!

Here is the main map from Awakening, which appears beside the novel's Table of Contents:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	A) The Known World.jpg 
Views:	74 
Size:	270.4 KB 
ID:	74639

You can check out the full atlas of 19 maps at DNFrost.com/maps.

You can also check out my free ebook, which matches up the maps with the story as it unfolds. Enter your email address on my site and you'll receive the download link! Easy.

Thanks for this awesome forum. It's exciting (and intimidating!) to see so many fictional cartographers in one place!

Banned User

Hello D.N.Frost, welcome to the Guild!

Thanks, Chick

Welcome to the Guild, DN. Sounds like an excitingly expansive project you've undertaken. I'll go check it out!
    Current Project: The Low Countries & Their Periphery, c. 1584

Do you like Renaissance and early modern history? Check out my Facebook page, Renaissance Netherlands with Will Phillips.

Thanks, Will! Authoring any book is excitingly expansive. I'd love to hear what you think!