Very much a work in progress, this is my second map and is intended to be primarily a way of practicing a little bit of everything. It's got cliffs, trees, grass, rocks, varying elevations in the ocean, etc. It's also my first foray into drawing buildings, so I'm trying a couple of types, from the really simple, to the curved cathedral, to an oddly-shaped multi-storied building. It was supposed to be a very quick sketch, so overall it's a pretty simple map.

I ended up spending most of my evening playing with water textures. So far I only have a very sketchy representation of the town (or rather, huddle of buildings) itself. Since this was originally supposed to be a two-hour sketch for practice, the town doesn't make much sense - how in the world an island could support itself with one little farm and a single well is pretty much beyond me, but perhaps the church ships in supplies each week.

Anyways, I'll work on this some more throughout the week. Any feedback is welcome, especially harsh criticism!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Island Church 1.jpg 
Views:	117 
Size:	818.3 KB 
ID:	74689

Things I learned today: composition really matters. I had inked in my coastline and was playing with the trees before I realized that the curved shape of the island was just BEGGING for something to be to its south-east. I ended up adding a sort of barrier reef thing, but it doesn't quite work with the island's coast... In the future, I should probably plan more before I start drawing!