Quote Originally Posted by Kalex the Omen View Post
Sorry, I wasn't commenting specifically of you, but the 120+ views over the last two weeks. I came here because I heard CG was a helpful community, but 130 views and nobody says, "Hey you might want to scale down your scope a little" isn't that helpful.

Many people, myself included view almost all the posts, but only reply if they have something useful to provide. Many of the regulars here are more familiar with Photoshop or GIMP as their primary mapping applications and while there are more than a few who use CC on the boards, I have seen few people who are both regular posters (ie, several posts a week or more) and very proficient with CC.

As mentioned, there are several limiting factors which would also minimize your response rate such as the specific software package, unpaid work, and large scale. In general, from what I have seen, most of the pro bono work done as been on for smaller scale stuff and generally allowed the artist to choose his/her medium (software of choice).

Given that, I have offered some pro bono work before, however, they were fairly small scale jobs and would have been done in GIMP and would have required a very loose time requirment(ie, taken a long time). Even then, I always encoraged the poster to learn GIMP and let us help them make the map they need for themselves. I will say that this will more then likely be the case here also.

From what I have heard, there is a tutorial which is provided as part of the CC bundle which is excellent in explaining the concepts and that the issue most of the experienced people have encountered is that many new people do NOT follow the tutorial and thus the reason for their(the new people's) confusion. The creator of Fractal Terrain and representatives from Profantasy both have accounts here and check in every few weeks at the least, so if you have any specific questions on the software, post in a new thread (in the Software Forum) and they or someone else will attempt to answer within several days(don't fret if it is a week or so). One of the community leaders, NeonKnight, uses the Profantasy products, but I do not believe he does commissions due to time constraints(I could be wrong though), but he is he more than willing to help answer questions about the software as his time permits by responding to threads. Also, run a search for threads about CC3 and also check the tutorial section for any CC tutorials.