Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Orobis / Style Test

Yep, the font change works pretty well. So, Enassi and Taribo are disputed or newly conquered provinces?

Administrator Facebook Connected Diamond's Avatar

Yep, Enassi and Taribo are either occupied or vassal states - what the Aventines euphemistically call 'inner colonies'.

Hey guys, remember this map? I decided to scrap the previous version and go with something completely different. Instead of a continent-spanning Empire, this is now a world where a zombie plague wiped out most of the 'old world'. The New World had its infestations too, but survived mainly due to much lower population density. Now, a couple centuries later, folks are rebuilding. You've got a USA analog in the Union, and New Kaiwon is a former 'Japanese' colony. The interior of the continent is a huge desert, but it's rich in minerals and oil. Not sure what else I'm going to add in here yet, but I know there will be ninjas and railroads because you can't really go wrong with that combination, can you?

I brought back the orange tone for the land, stayed with the lighter sea color, and tweaked the rings around the coasts a bit.

One thing I need to figure out how to do: age/weather the text. Eventually, I'd like to give all the labels a patchy, semi-faded look, but I don't know how to do that short of taking an eraser brush to each individual label and creatively erasing.

Anyway:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	OLOO6a.jpg 
Views:	91 
Size:	1.58 MB 
ID:	79174  

Quote Originally Posted by Diamond View Post
    Hey guys, remember this map?
    One thing I need to figure out how to do: age/weather the text. Eventually, I'd like to give all the labels a patchy, semi-faded look, but I don't know how to do that short of taking an eraser brush to each individual label and creatively erasing.

Anyway:
    Would this help? There are a few vidoes on creating distressed and other text effects in photoshop.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=alffxq-wELI

That may be just the thing! It won't work for every bit of text, but it's an excellent start. Thanks, snodsy!

Glad to see you're working again on this one. The changes are fine, except maybe the bright blue on the coasts, not really fitting with the rest imho.

I like the mountains on this one. The shields look really nice as well. Great work so far.

Cheers,
    -Arsheesh

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123