Thread: July 2015 Entry: Mad Max Moto Cross

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default July 2015 Entry: Mad Max Moto Cross

Well its been an age since I've participated in a challenge, and only because its a quick way to do a post-apocalyptic map (which I very seldom ever do). So I decided this would be a ruined urban site for a "Mad Max" style motorcross track. Think combat motorcycles in competition, while heavy crossbow turrets are placed on the track for additional threats besides the terrain and the other competitors. So far I've got most of two side walls of wall, debris, parked trailers, and ruined structures. Notice the road is broken up. I haven't placed the background because I need the layout done, to determine where to place dirt tracks cut into the background - so I'll be doing that towards the end. I plan a water hazard, pile of burning tires, walled off audience stands and officiating booth. A lot more to do.

That building south has some collapsed floors requiring bikers to enter building, negotiate walls, broken floor ramps and move one level down then back up again.

I'm using Xara Designer Pro 9, a vector drawing application with photo-texture fills.

GP

###Latest WIP###

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	mad-max-moto-cross-1.jpg 
Views:	67 
Size:	3.01 MB 
ID:	74829
    Last edited by Gamerprinter; 07-20-2015 at 07:23 AM.
    Gamer Printshop Publishing, Starfinder RPG modules and supplements, Map Products, Map Symbol Sets and Map Making Tutorial Guide
    DrivethruRPG store

Artstation Gallery - Maps and 3D illustrations