Thread: Carruport

Default Carruport

Maybe if I circle around the City of Argot enough I might eventually end up working on the map for it. Good thing I opted to make Argot my annual challenge map. =P

This is Carruport located east of Argot. Argot was famous for it's fine wines before it came to ruin and most of that trade went down river to Carruport to be exported to the wider region. Well there is no real wine trade anymore and while Argot may have fallen into literal ruin, Carruport has fallen to economic ruin. Many people have left and abandoned residences, warehouses and shops litter the town.

This is my initial sketch similar to how I did Raedirk Freehold. This is going to be a bit bigger than the other maps. Also TIDAL MILL. They are really interesting.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	carruport_WiP.jpg 
Views:	190 
Size:	216.0 KB 
ID:	74917  
    My new Deviant-thing. I finally caved.

Nice start. You do such beautiful villages, so I'm looking forward to seeing what you do with this one.
    "We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams"

This will be fun to see develop. I have wanted to see a large city from you so hopefully this will help circle you to it.
    I have done the same 'circling' thing with a city in the Luma world. I've done several smaller cities around it but just can't get to doing the intended city.
    It looms over me and says marginally threatening things about how much work it will take.

I'll have to look up tidal mills. I hadn't heard of that before.

edit - just did a quick read. That is very cool. A very ingenious way to get mill power.
    Last edited by J.Edward; 07-24-2015 at 10:14 AM.

Yes! An Inn in front of the church... a barge-tavern in the harvour... these are the kind of details I love of your maps Larb

Great start!

Yes, this will be wonderful to see, Larb! Your work has been very influential to me. I'm sure this one will eventually make my brain melt, too... You've got a lot of interesting features already, but it should be interesting seeing the visual expression of the economic impact you've noted. Can't wait to see what you create!

Nice work! I would add a few buildings or maybe pull the palisade in. Or maybe you could add a field or two inside the palisade. Makes sense, there is a lot of free space inside.

Cool village. Tidal mills have been used here in Maine in the past and they are working on tidal hydroelectric plants now.

By J.Edward
    I have wanted to see a large city from you
    Exactly this! And off to a good start, I like the tidal mills idea and the layout.

Put in the basic buildings and some basic shading on the roofs. No details yet. It might look nice and clean at the moment. It won't stay that way.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	carruport_WiP.jpg 
Views:	146 
Size:	376.7 KB 
ID:	75079  
    My new Deviant-thing. I finally caved.

Guild Member Facebook Connected

This looks awesome! Keep up the work!
    Moonflowers is about an Irish guy, an American girl who ends up living with him, and the dog they rescue. Who is secretly the girl's presumed-dead father.

...Yeah, it's that kind of story.

And by story, I mean "fairy-tale."

And by fairy-tale, I mean "the unsettling kind."