Thread: Hi, I'm Easyworld, and I'm a lurker.

Guild Novice

Default Hi, I'm Easyworld, and I'm a lurker.

Hello all,

So I've been a member of this site for three years and I've never posted. The real reason for this is that I'm rubbish at the visual arts, (my stick-men are awesome to behold, mind.)
    I do, however, love ancient history, writing, fantasy novels and of course maps, so I was inevitably drawn here. Therefore please don't mind me as I lurk around in the shadows of the boards staring at everything.

Great work all, there are many beautiful things here.

Easyworld

Banned User

Hello Easyworld, welcome to the Guild!

You know, it's free to try making your own map and posting it You might find out that you are not so rubbish as you think, just need some practice I can pretty much promise that no one will laugh

If you want to try your hand at it, there is a great tutorial in the sticky section of Tutorials, called Quickstart Guide to Fantasy Mapping: http://www.cartographersguild.com/showthread.php?t=4276

From there, go to Hand Drawn Mapping for the Artistically Challenged: http://www.cartographersguild.com/sh...ad.php?t=10655

Once you have completed those two tutorials, you'll be well on your way!!

Guild Novice

Hello Chick!

Thanks very much for the links! I've tried a few times doodling mountains and things by hand, but I think my somewhat slapdash nature gets the better of me. Perhaps I need to take my time for once and actually start on something small

*pootles off to look at tutorials*

Thanks!

Guild Novice

If you were at all interested.. I did the tutorial, and well... here's a 'map' heheh

http://www.cartographersguild.com/at...1&d=1437862755

Banned User

I'd say that's a very nice start for someone who thinks he can't draw maps It won't take long until you figure out how to make the rivers look more natural running through the trees and mountains, and such things. Remember, no one here was born knowing how to do this, we all had to go through the learning curve

Try adding some towns and maybe some islands, and try fitting the parts more naturally, and it will all come together

Hi Easyworld! That is a very respectable map.

Sent from my LGL34C using Tapatalk

Guild Novice Facebook Connected

Great start for someone with no talent, and I say that as someone with no talent.