Thread: City of Ilveria

Default City of Ilveria

The city of Ilveria, an imagined canal city. I really tried to mess around with the colors more for this map, and I'm generally happy with how it turned out! The map was hand drawn and then scanned as a BW image to be colored. A lot of different layers and effects went into making this. This one is a little more detailed than some of my previous maps.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Ilveria smaller.png 
Views:	107 
Size:	5.92 MB 
ID:	124668
    Dungeon master, World Builder, and Mapmaker.
    Taking Commissions
    View my Portfolio
    Contact me at greendinomaps@gmail.com

Guild Novice Facebook Connected Hussein Horack's Avatar

Looks quite nice! Have you tried Townscaper (the game) for having ideas for layouts and stuff? I've had a go on it and it seems like it could be quite good for that. Check it out if you'd like. Looking at your top-down map here jogged my memory.
    17 year old doing cartography as a hobby. Also interested in architecture sketching/drawing and studying violin.
    DeviantArt ¦ Instagram ¦ Twitter

I like the dark aesthetic of it

Quote Originally Posted by Hussein Horack View Post
    Have you tried Townscaper (the game) for having ideas for layouts and stuff?
    The game is extremely limited in that sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Hussein Horack View Post
    Looks quite nice! Have you tried Townscaper (the game) for having ideas for layouts and stuff? I've had a go on it and it seems like it could be quite good for that. Check it out if you'd like. Looking at your top-down map here jogged my memory.
    I have used it, and it is fun for what it is, and can help you practice making more organic curved streets. This one I wanted a little more organized around public squares though.
    Dungeon master, World Builder, and Mapmaker.
    Taking Commissions
    View my Portfolio
    Contact me at greendinomaps@gmail.com