Thread: (CC3+) Having some difficulties with this map.

Help (CC3+) Having some difficulties with this map.

My problems lie in that blue line at the top left corner of the map. I have no idea where that came from. I also have no idea how to get rid of the blue line surrounding the permafrost terrain paint. Unrelated to my technical issues is that I need to figure out a way to get some rivers running through the eastern plains to support a couple inland cities. It seems the coastal mountains present a problem there.

Guild Novice Facebook Connected

Hi Bohemiana,

You're experiencing the exact same problem I did with my first map in CC3+. Let me guess, this is made with the standard overland template and symbols? If so, the problem in my opinion is the line being used to represent the coast. (A thread I created at the Profantasy forums discusses this and has a good explanation of what's happening.) Try as I might, I couldn't fix it, but I also noticed it only happened in the standard overland template.

My solution was to hide all sheets except the one containing problem line. (The LAND sheet in my case). Then I deleted that line. The rogue artifact line was gone. To give the coast some definition, I used a trick from one of Joe Sweeney's videos (video link), a combination of two glows and an inner glow. I couldn't upload the .FCW file here, but you can find it here to have a look at the effects settings I used.

Hope this helps!