Thread: Borannus, Sci-Fi Setting

Default Borannus, Sci-Fi Setting

Okay, so here's the general idea behind my Sci-Fi Dungeon Crawl setting, and the map of the system that I'm working on.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	borannus.jpg 
Views:	177 
Size:	482.1 KB 
ID:	75161Click image for larger version. 

Name:	lineup.png 
Views:	257 
Size:	3.61 MB 
ID:	75162

About 200 years ago a signal reached all the various sapient races of the galaxy. Once decoded it warned of a coming catastrophe and promised safe haven. Very few took it seriously until the signs of the event began to manifest: The Stars were going out, and it seemed to be coming at an impossible speed.

Each species that was either already capable of Interstellar travel or was on the cusp worked on building enough ships to leave their systems. Sadly only a small fraction of each was able to escape before the Blackout reached them and snuffed out their stars.

Eventually those that had been able to leave, and who survived the long trip, reached the source of the signal. It was another star system full of planets and moons, each one seemingly designed for the various races needs and protected against the Blackout by unknown means by a long gone race colloquially known as the Magra (or simply The Designers).

So here the various races, PC and NPC, live, cut off from the rest of the galaxy and in a new system full of mystery and adventure.

There's a few more specifics about alliances and such, but that's the general idea of the setting.

Also an important piece of information is that magic has been replace by basically a rip-off of Biotics from Mass Effect and renamed The Void. Those species able to harness to Void are marked with an asterisk.

The races available to the PCs(and their D&D/Fantasy Inspirations) are
    Autons (Warforged) - Homeworld: Autus
    Ha'Lii (Halflings)* - Homeworld: Shiir
    Humans* - Homeworld: Terris
    Uon (Dwarves) - Homeworld: Udilon
    Vries (Elves)* - Homeworld: Voranna

There are also several NPC races, the most prominent of which are:
    Drenn (Orcs)* - Homeworld: Qern
    Grahl (Goblins) - Homeworld: Qern
    U'Grahl (Hobgoblins)* - Homeworld: Qern
    Kexx (Kender) - Homeworld: N/A
    Void Born (Dragons)* - Homeworld: Shaylix
    Hand Drawn Art by Derek Hand Art by yours truly. Available for Freelance or other work

The stars are well done and I like a lot some ideas (like the debris or the L designers's relays). The cloud is not enough "cloudy" imo, and I tend to prefer less crowded asteroids belts.
    A good map, useful for gaming purposes, no doubt. And the aliens look very cool.