Thread: WIP: new commission

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Wip WIP: new commission

I've got a new commission, aside from basic topography, I have little information as of right now. I don't even know what this continent is called. And I don't know the scale, just that its probably 500 to 1000 miles east west on that southern region from the desert east to Orcland forests west.

As required by commission - the upper half of the continent is dominated by a primordial jungle apparently transformed by primordial forces 500 years ago from a region of subarctic ice (?!) You'll even notice the unnatural separation of the jungle north from the civilized regions and the south eastern desert, its intended. In fact the northern edge is a straight line.

The desert itself has an unnatural feature in that its creeping westward in a fairly perfect arch from north to south - that's intended as well.

The southwestern forested region is called Orclands and inhabited by six tribes of orcs. Watch towers along its eastern border once maintained by men of the west to watch the orcs have been taken over by the orcs to watch the east. Some new towers have been erected to the north to watch the primordial jungle border.

The "national border" are the dashed white lines in the green area between the Orclands and the Eastern Desert. The regions north and south once comprised 15 independant kingdoms that have been absorbed into powerful kingdom and empire.

The perfectly round boundry at the center of this region comprises a pentagram shaped evil city-state. The circular outer wall is pierced by 5 gates, main roads within form the upsidedown star shape of the pentagram. The primary city is at the center of the star, 5 triangular sub cities lie within the points of the stars. Parkland forest, fields and cropland lie between the points.

The western portions with the grey area northwest of the circular city-state, will be heavily urbanized with medieval factories, almost all forested regions have been cut down.

That's about all I know about this place so far.

Any suggestions on how I should emulate an urban area at the apparent scale?

GP
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	commission.jpg 
Views:	89 
Size:	464.3 KB 
ID:	7010  
    Gamer Printshop Publishing, Starfinder RPG modules and supplements, Map Products, Map Symbol Sets and Map Making Tutorial Guide
    DrivethruRPG store

Artstation Gallery - Maps and 3D illustrations