Page 10 of 43 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131420 ... LastLast

Thread: Inhabitants of the world. Any need for illustrations?

Blog Entries

Fantastic as usual ! Well done again. There's lots of adventuring characters out there (tho not as good as you do them) but there is a real shortage of all sorts of commoners and you need them just as much. In fact there are probably more monsters covered now than commoners. Maybe people find them less awesome but I think they have more scope for being interesting than most.

Community Leader Facebook Connected Steel General's Avatar

Looks like someone I once had a date with
    My Finished Maps | My Challenge Maps | Still poking around occasionally...

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

Guild Journeyer Facebook Connected 12rounds's Avatar

You dated a halfling?

Quote Originally Posted by 12rounds View Post
    You dated a halfling?
    Hey, I'm not proud of it.

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

Quote Originally Posted by ravells View Post
    Did you rest your beer on her head?
    Well not beer (I don't drink beer if I can help it), but a nice healthy-sized cocktail.

Let's not pursue this line of comments any further...

From your family friendly CL.
    Bill Stickers is innocent! It isn't Bill's fault that he was hanging out in the wrong place.

Please make an effort to tag all threads. This will greatly enhance the usability of the forums.

Guild Journeyer Facebook Connected 12rounds's Avatar

Ishaak is the most respected lizardman shaman of the Deathchaser Fen area in Thrubmorton Fens. Ishaak is no king and has no inclination to become one - too much administrative responsibilities and menial tasks for Ishaak's taste. His interests lies in the service of lizardman swamp god Astanhag. The serpentine deity is believed to be communicating thru lizardmen by using the elder shamans as conduits. This is why Ishaak has almost more power than the lizardman tribe chieftains and kings even - his speech is believed to be one that is derived from Astanhag himself.

Most humans don't even realise that lizardmen have organised religion. Those rare few who know that shamans even exist, do not quite grasp the reality of what they actually represent. The ways of the lizardman shamans are therefore mostly unknown and even the most educated elven scholars don't know enough facts to formulate any meaningful answers as to what lizardman shamans are and what they stand for. However some details are certain from eye-witness reports and stories from survivors - lizardman shamans are the ones who sacrifice captured enemies during strange rituals in which much torture, pain and blood of the victims is combined with ferocious dancing of the lizardmen. These sacrifices are executed in the immediate vicinity of totem-like stone structures that in most cases are nothing more than big rocks digged up and erected to an upright position.

Ishaak used to be on the track to become a tribal chieftain, but changed paths some decade ago. His story resembles that of many other lizardman shamans - he disappeared from his tribe without a trace only to return back years later as a shaman. As is the case with other shamans, he refuses to utter a word about where he was those years, how he got there and eventually back.

Ishaak has little respect for humans and the like which he considers a mere infestation of the swampy areas. He has an arsenal of complex rituals at his fingertips. Ishaak controls many magical powers that allow him to change weather conditions in the swamps, transfer the swampy areas to much more dangerous to trespassers and he even apparently has the power to communicate with something ... powerful. Ishaak needs a special "medicine" (a swamp-growing fungus) to start becoming a conduit with his deity and it usually takes days for him to enter a desired state, obtain and answer and recuperate from the ordeal. However, after such rituals he has been able to give advice and information that would indeed indicate that a "discussion" with a god has taken place.

### PIC ###

Last edited by 12rounds; 06-18-2016 at 06:28 AM.

Community Leader Facebook Connected Ascension's Avatar

Yeah, man! There we go. I loves me some lizardmen...they're so cute n cuddly and so long as you give em hearts n brains they'll follow you around like a puppy. Excellent job!! <--And I don't throw around exclamation points very lightly. I shall try out my new longsword of butt-kickin bonkage on thee...here, have a few on me.
    If the radiance of a thousand suns was to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One...I am become Death, the Shatterer of worlds.
    -J. Robert Oppenheimer (father of the atom bomb) alluding to The Bhagavad Gita (Chapter 11, Verse 32)

My Maps ~ My Brushes ~ My Tutorials ~ My Challenge Maps

More lizard-y goodness, keep up the great work!

Page 10 of 43 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131420 ... LastLast