Page 28 of 43 FirstFirst ... 1824252627282930313238 ... LastLast

Thread: Inhabitants of the world. Any need for illustrations?

Community Leader Facebook Connected Steel General's Avatar

I think this might be my new favorite.
    My Finished Maps | My Challenge Maps | Still poking around occasionally...

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

Guild Journeyer Facebook Connected 12rounds's Avatar

Name: Eigor Skolvendun
    Race: Human

As Eigor's family name may suggest, his family is one of the eldest families in the whole kingdom. In fact, Eigor might be a descendant directly to the legendary earl Olaf Skolvendun, who established Skolvendun kingdom a very long time ago. The kingdom has later divided into two, but the actual people living in both have close blood-ties and may as well be categorised as "Skolvendunians".

Whatever his heritage may be, Eigor is by no means a noble or belongs to any special or privileged social order. In fact most men who claim of being special - whether it be by proven descendance from a notable hero of legend or by being a living heir to a throne - are ridiculed in North Skolvendun. The people believe that every man (or woman; a notion frowned upon in the neighbouring areas) has the potential of greatness. Their heritage or social class must not be a defining factor but their deeds is what make them distinctive.

Eigor's name is not in the lips of every North Skolvendunian alive, but his unrelenting perseverence, unflinching loyalty and iron will have made him a widely respected person whose star is definitively rising... or was as the case may be since Eigor is one of the trusted men of Birger - the outcast son of king Faegor Udgersson. Eigor has long since accepted that his future lies or dies with that of Birger. He is now an important factor in Birger's attempts to return home and make peace with his father. Eigor provides Birger substantial amounts of information about the kingdom. This information is gathered by Eigor constantly throughout the kingdom since he is always on the move. He travels (sometimes alone; sometimes a member of some bigger hunting party or merchant convoy or somesuch) the numerous villages and small towns of North Skolvendun and shares information with other men who support Birger in his time of need. Then intervalling around three months, Eigor returns to Vilgian (usually under disguise) and arranges a meeting with Birger via Birger's contacts in the capital city.

Eigor is a man of awe-inspiring size and posture and has the strength of a small village. He is not a merry and cheerful man by any stretch of the imagination, but a man who takes his position and fate in the world quite seriously. He is prone to cynicism and melancholy - particularly when he drinking mead or other alcoholic beverages - but maintains a positive attitude about the possibility of Birger's return. Eigor tries to keep himself under the radar of Belgor Faegorsson's men, but is not always succeeding. Thus far he has managed to retain his life and health. The time will come - sooner or later - when every clan chieftain and village elder must take a stand whether to support Birger or Belgor. It remains to be seen if Belgor is determined enough to put an end to Eigor's efforts to nourish support for Birger before that time arrives.

### PIC ###

Last edited by 12rounds; 06-15-2016 at 04:05 PM.

Blog Entries

Excellent once again Kimmo.

Welcome back Kimmo
    Check out my City Designer 3 tutorials. See my fantasy (city) maps in this thread.

Gandwarf has fallen into shadow...

Community Leader Facebook Connected Steel General's Avatar

More 12ROund goodness!
    My Finished Maps | My Challenge Maps | Still poking around occasionally...

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

Name: Luther Dien
    Race: Half-Elf (human/elf)

Luther is a Missionary of Justice. Missionaries of Justice are usually appointed by a Cardinal, region-bound, stationed in Aldamar's temple and serve a local secular ruler. Such is the case with Luther as well. He is the legal advisor of Lord Weers - the current ruler of Port Magalie.

It is Luther who positions himself between the interests of ruling class and the common people. He speaks words of wisdom to both Lord Weers, other important city officials and to the masses of locals. He spends most of his time giving advice as how to resolve legal disputes between parties. Aldamar's Missionaries of Justice rarely have the authority to act as magistrates in the cities, but on occasion their judgement is sought after in simple matters. Missionaries' task is to spread the word of Aldamar - to establish systems of high justice and gain followers to Aldamar's cause.

Luther's presence is deceiving - he has the face of a child, but his calm and decided manners and firmly spoken words of wisdom mostly surprise those who do not know him. Luther runs a temple in Port Magalie and has two apprenticing priests under his tutorage. He holds weekly informal gatherings in the temple. Anyone is welcome to these gatherings, but their primary focus is discussions on legalities, methods of justice, current affairs in the city and how justice is served in the area. Mostly the persons in these gatherings are people caught in legal difficulties seeking advice as how to proceed to further their cause and still remain loyal to principles of justice.

Luther rarely travels far from Port Magalie, but once a year he spends a month or so away studying magical arts under more experienced Aldamarian priests. He is already 75 years of age (which is hard to believe by looking at his face!) and has thus gained numerous magical disciplines throughout the years.

Luther is frequently at odds with Lord Weers. Mostly their issues revolve around city affairs and mainly how Lord Weers decides to deal justice. Luther considers Lord Weers as "corrupt" since the good lord is easy to persuade into taking all sorts of gifts and even money that apparently affect his decisions about ongoing matters. Lord Weers does not share Luther's ideas about corruption - to him they sound absurd because he is a man who considers men of noble origins automatically above the common masses.

Nevertheless, they co-operate and Lord Weers understands the importance of legal advise that Luther gives. Also it doesn't hurt to be connected to Aldamar's people in any case ... who knows when a need arises to ask for Aldamar's paladins to fight in order to preserve law and justice, right?

### PIC ###

Last edited by 12rounds; 10-28-2010 at 10:55 AM.

You seem to be on a roll... nice.
    Check out my City Designer 3 tutorials. See my fantasy (city) maps in this thread.

Gandwarf has fallen into shadow...

Is someone putting all these beautiful illustrations (and the equally great wite-ups) on the Wiki????

12 Rounds would you like to go on the Wiki permissions so you can do it (if you want to?)

That illo of Elgor with the axe is just fantastic.

Quote Originally Posted by ravells View Post
    12 Rounds would you like to go on the Wiki permissions so you can do it (if you want to?)
    I'm already a CWBP Wiki user and have added some of the things done earlier. I'll add more as time permits.

Name: Marcus Sicaros
    Race: Human

Years ago Marcus was a prominent and respected Aldamar's Arbitrator circling the areas of Lesser Groam just west of the Beastlands. Then one night he met a sinister group of three travellers - two of whom were possibly bearers of The Plague. A battle of words ensued and very soon the travellers resorted to violence. They were all killed by Marcus who was acting out just to save his own life. One of the travellers was carrying a small red disc - securely wrapped in cloth - in his bag. After Marcus touched it, his former life ended and he began a new life. One that is full of wrath, vengeance and revenge that he shares with a malignant spirit bound into a living shield. Aldamar was abandoned and the ideology of Hastur embraced.

Marcus continued to right wrongs - except he didn't care about justice anymore. Now it was all about the thrilling mayhem that ensues when revenge is served. Each act of wanton violence pleased the shield and it started growing in size. Marcus was able to detach himself from the shield for short periods of time, but like a flame calls for a moth, the bound spirit called for Marcus.

The living shield is intelligent and vengeful. It has capabilities way beyond that of an inanimate object and it's black thoughts are all over the mind of whoever is currently wearing the shield. Marcus does not see himself of what has become of him - a black soul of destructive violence who envelopes his actions and indeed his existence in ludicrous notions of "But I just served the justice!". The living shield feeds from it's host but also gives the host an array of powerful abilities that are akin to magic. They even share some sane moments when they talk to each other like any couples do. Of course the only one who verbally speaks is Marcus; the shield speaks directly into his mind.

Marcus has become a traveller himself. He seeks out situations, people and places in which he can find reasons to do violent actions. Did the farmer's wife sleep with the neighbour? Kill them both! A child threw a rock at a dog? Decapitation is a fitting punishment! He now resides in Tavor dousing his miserable existence in beer while waiting for yet another reason to kill someone. What he may hear is that many of the citizens are still talking about what Baron Dunden LaFleur - the richest man in Raedis - did to his wife Maria and how he never received any kind of punishment for his deed. After all, Maria was from Tavor and her family still mostly live in Tavor. Including her brother Evan who has become obsessed with ways of how to serve cold steel between the baron's ribs...

### PIC ###
    Last edited by 12rounds; 10-28-2010 at 10:56 AM.

Page 28 of 43 FirstFirst ... 1824252627282930313238 ... LastLast