Page 35 of 43 FirstFirst ... 25313233343536373839 ... LastLast

Thread: Inhabitants of the world. Any need for illustrations?

Stellar work, as usual. If you're taking requests, I've got one for you. Shoot me a PM if you're interested.

-IG

Guild Journeyer Facebook Connected 12rounds's Avatar

Name: Chya, Priestess of Spiders
    Race: Human

One of the young prodigees of Hight Priest Dry'zan, Chya has mastered the secret black art of Nero Arachnitis - one of Syth's magical spheres. High Priests of Syth generally master 4-5 of the black arts controlled by Syth and their most prominent apprentices learn directly from their High Priest. Chya is one of three Syth's priests and priestessess that Dry'zan has appointed to lead the new cult of Syth in Rhadim, Thargellian Highlands. The other two are masters of two different disciplines. In this way Dry'zan can establish a formidable power block - each member of which control one important aspect of what it means to be a cult leader of Syth.

Chya was only 10 when her parents were killed in a massive fire that burnt down most of the village where Chya grew up. Dry'zan and 5 of his disciples were staying in a nearby forest clearing at the time and once they realised the village had pretty much burned to the ground, Chya - shocked, dirty, crying and trembling - pleaded the strangers to help her as she was one of the few survivors wandering through the remnants of the village. He was just about to dismiss the wimpering girl when he spotted a black spider crawling upwards the girl's long flowing raven-black hair. That was clearly a sign from Syth himself and Chya soon became an integral part of Dry'zan's group. Chya was not "in the loop" of Dry'zan's activities until well into her early adulthood when she was officially appointed a title of Apprenticing Priestess by Dry'zan. Chya owes her life to Dry'zan and also everything she knows about magical arts is from her mentor as well. The young girl was easy to mould into accepting Syth as her deity and is thus now a devout follower of the dark deity.

Chya is today 28 years old and is quite an attractive young woman - except when vomiting spiders! Her raven-black hair and sensuously soft voice combined with her beautiful shape and delicate face make her a real head turner. Chya also knows her beauty and uses her looks to seduce men in order to exploit the men's weaknesses at a later occasion. A real femme fatale. She has no mentionable moral boundaries and is famous for organising depraved orgies in which the participants willingly get involved in activities best left to imagination. Such festivities usually entail potent herbal concoctions that enhance the feelings of pleasure and ecstacy.

In Rhadim Chya has now formed a spider sect. The sect has 20 members - 5 of whom are Chya's disciples and the rest are mainly younger local men who have been enthralled by Chya and her wild parties. The sect members are not just any random peasants and instead are all carefully hand-picked from an array of potent families. As such, the members are more victims than they realise. The sect has several immediate goals set by Dry'zan and the most important one is to gain total control of the two rivalling thieves's guilds in the city. A work already nearly finished. As for the next goals ... only Dry'zan knows for certain.

### PIC ###

A token of Chya and one of a group of spiders:

Last edited by 12rounds; 06-16-2016 at 05:13 AM.

That's cool...especially the tokens.
    M

Community Leader Facebook Connected Steel General's Avatar

More great stuff!

If I ever manage to get my commission map done I'll have to give mapping Rhadim some serious thought.
    My Finished Maps | My Challenge Maps | Still poking around occasionally...

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

Blog Entries

Oh oh oh - top down tokens ! Nice one Kimmo. What a back story ! I cant quite decide if vomiting spiders is enough to put me off her

These are real fun reading. Keep it up!!!
    Cheers, Julien

Battlemaps, Town Maps, Tutorials.
    All my maps and content are posted and published under this Creative Commons License. Click Here for information on licensing.

Guild Journeyer Facebook Connected 12rounds's Avatar

Name: Deeson Voss
    Race: Human

A mountain of a man and a man whom the people of Hania consider their leader. Deeson Voss gets attention when he speaks. His low, bass voice has a remarkable tendency to cut air and still remain clear and intact. A former soldier, Voss retired from the military with a rank of a Guard Captain and decided to detach himself from the environs of city life. He considers large population centers as repulsively too crowded, filthy and decadent preferring to wake up in serene silence breached only by the sounds of birds. His ladyfriend was originally from Hania and that's where he resituated himself after he left the military. Unfortunately he was able to share a life with his woman, Lucia, for only couple of years when she died giving birth to their son - who regrettably also passed away just days after the troubled birth.

Losing a companion and a son was a hard bite to swallow even to a seasoned veteran of war, but with the help of the good people of Hania, he was able to pull himself up from the deep, dark hole of misery. The help of the villagers proved to Deeson that he was right all along - that the "simple" rural people far exceed the emotional walking dead of big cities in their ability to extend courtesy, share their meager bread and ale and be emotionally available. So after this revelation, Deeson decided to remain in Hania and he built himself a sturdy and spacious home.

Deeson Voss is strict, determined and blunt. He does not much care for the fanciness of city folks and his hard-working no-nonsense attitude has gained him a lot of respect. His determination to finish things he has started borders on insane stubborness and he absolutely loathes idle hands, star-gazing, loitering and pretty much any other non-physical activity that might allow the mind to wander and unpleasant memories to surface. Needless to say Deeson has not tackled his own past and is actively trying to repress his memories and feelings.

Despite him being like an ox, Deeson is blindingly fast. His reactions are etched deep into his muscle memory and his instincts serve but one purpose - survival. Under duress - like combat - he is somehow able to channel his repressed emotional baggage into devastating power that sometimes surprises even himself. There are stories of him cutting an orc vertically into two pieces in one blow with an axe. In fact ... several such stories and they are being backed up many witnesses from the village. People that have had no other option except to try and defend their families against raiding orcs.

### PIC ###
    Last edited by 12rounds; 07-28-2016 at 11:25 AM.

Incredible. He's absolutely perfect. Thank you so much!

Oh, and rep to you, of course.

-IG

Guild Master Facebook Connected jtougas's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Wow..Awesome just awesome !! repped of course.. !!
    I am the breath of Dragons...The Song of Mountains...The Stories of Rivers....The Heart of Cities.... I am A Cartographer....

Finished Maps
    Kingdom Of Shendenflar Campaign Setting (WIP)

Everything I post is free for use and redistribution under the Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 licence, except where noted otherwise in the thread.

Blog Entries

Oh right !, is that what he looks like. Sounds like he might be of some real use to us then LOL.

Page 35 of 43 FirstFirst ... 25313233343536373839 ... LastLast