Page 37 of 43 FirstFirst ... 27333435363738394041 ... LastLast

Thread: Inhabitants of the world. Any need for illustrations?

Excellent. I can see that finding him would be an adventure in itself! This character dramatically opens up the unknown region of Bruskos and all of its unexplored glory. Bravo!

-IG

Guild Journeyer Facebook Connected 12rounds's Avatar

Name: Zane
    Race: Human

Before the plague struck down on Groam, Zane was involved in piracy under Jaime Castillo. When Jaime switched to land-based operations, Zane was eager to follow and is currently Jaime's right hand. While not exactly equal partners, Zane still enjoys the same respect as his boss does - and some respect him even more because of his ruthlessness and determination when a job needs finishing.

Zane does a lot of operational preparations and actual operational work. Even in simple cases he plans several alternative scenarios. This in turn is extremely valuable for the kind of operations that Jaime Castillo's crew of protection agency is involved in. He carefully plans reserve actions and sometimes he even personally times out minimum, maximum and expected timings some jobs or parts thereof are going to take up. This level of planning and detailing has often saved lifes and equally often landed a hefty bonus for the crew from their clients who don't expect to get out of situations going sour.

His personal life is stoic and his ambitions are not revolving around money. He gains satisfaction from outthinking his opponents and he aims to become even better and better in strategic thinking. This is not to say that he tries to con his way out of a fight - because he doesn't. Sometimes hand-to-hand combat is essential for plans to come in fruition and sometimes strategically "losing" is also desired. It takes a big man to loose a combat in purpose, but if it's part of a complex plan, eventually Zane will make sure his opposition knows that it was done on purpose. He is highly skilled with 2-handed knife-fighting and will not hesitate to slit a throat in a heartbeat if need be. In combat he will always go for killing strikes against only wounding enemies unless the situation is part of a plan. It's also not uncommon for Zane to fight with his hands only and in fact he is very proficient with a potent brutal kicking technique that focuses on killing kicks on the head and neck. This technique was taught to him by other pirates and it's based on the fact that close-combat fighting in ships relies on grappling ropes and reelings in order to maintain balance on rocking ships and thus the hands are usually occupied unless one wishes to face the hugging of the ocean.

Zane lives in the same villa Jaime Castillo does and while there, he serves as the between-man between strangers wishing to meet with Jaime and the man himself. He filters out propositions that he knows will not fit into what Jaime wants to do with his operation and he keeps tabs and records on every project they are involved in.

### PIC ###

Last edited by 12rounds; 06-14-2016 at 03:14 AM.

Very nice. Are you upping these to the wiki or do I need to get on the ball? I've a sneaking feeling it's the latter... It's great stuff though, keep 'em coming!

-IG

Latter, unfortunately. But the thing is that if I happen to get into the right mood and have a few hours to spend, I'd probably could do it myself. In fact even this thread is becoming a bit bulky for me - I'm thinking of perhaps creating a new thread in which I'd post all the stuff again, but in a more easily digestible format.

Blog Entries

Nice one again !

Do you want me to use the variant of the WIP scraper to generate all the pics & links to generate one page of thumbs ? Id have to mod the script a bit to look for all images in one thread rather than all latest WIPs in multiple threads but its not a huge deal.

Well, Redrobes, I don't exactly know what you're talking there. I assume you mean you have a script that creates a single post that contains thumbs of the images in one thread and the thumbs link to the original post? Or something else completely...

Yeah... nearly 370 posts in, there probably could be a better way to sort it all out. I don't think anyone had a clue in the beginning that you'd all this life into the world. It'd be great if we could get all that inspiration into something a bit more friendly. Slogging through 37 pages of forum posts is definitely NOT friendly...

Blog Entries

Yes thats about right. I made a script to snag a copy of all the monthly challenge entries cos its well tedious to update a page to keep track of all the entries as they change. So its all done mostly automatically. We add challenge members by hand then from there it grabs their entry and formats them all up into one page of entries.

We could mod the script to look at one thread and pull in all the images into one page of thumbs that link back to the piccy post instead of the thread. If there are pics in this thread that we dont want included then it might be better to tag all the pics that we do want with a tag so that it knows to grab them. Then in future every new portrait you add the tag if you want it included. If your interested in seeing what it would produce then look at our current map challenge (main or lite) and look for the thumbs. Or look at the finished map thumbs. Same thing.

Its interesting that my page here says 10 pages. You can set your profile so that it shows more posts per page...

Oh indeed! Increasing the messages / page to 40 makes browsing a lot less awkward. Thx for the tip, Redrobes.

Blog Entries

I'll work on that script real soon and see what we get from it then we can decide if we want it or need to adjust it for some reason.

Page 37 of 43 FirstFirst ... 27333435363738394041 ... LastLast