Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Arkhemia Commission

Lovely map. Good work. Do more!

Beautiful map! You're really mastering this kind of color palette (and shadings).

Great map! I really like the style you used here!

Thanks again everyone for all of the encouraging feedback.

Cheers,
    -Arsheesh

This is great. I normally don't like "dark" maps... but when they work well like this one, they really shine! Good work.

The sea looks a bit cloudy. It's a problem I've been having lately on my own maps. So I came up with a solution. Maybe it will work for you too, or not. It's a matter of taste really. Get a flat horizontal brush, scatter it, turn on some color dynamics and voila: waves. Also some more contrast works well in the mountains I think. Just some feedback you might find useful. Anyway, I love your work! Keep it up man!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Arkhemia_alt.jpg 
Views:	173 
Size:	681.9 KB 
ID:	75436
    Portfolio - JONPINTAR.COM

That's a really nice trick with the waves Jon, I'll have to give that a try sometime.

Cheers,
    -Arsheesh

Community Leader Facebook Connected tilt's Avatar
    Blog Entries

lovely map Arsheesh, love the colors, the only thing is, like JonPin said, the cloudiness of the the water - it seems to not feet the drawn style of the rest. But really nice and really like your mountains.
    regs tilt
    :: My DnD page Encounter Depot free stuff for your game :: My work page Catapult ::
    :: Finished Maps :: Competion maps - The Island of Dr. Rorshach ::
    :: FREE Tiles - Compasses :: Other Taking a commision - Copyright & Creative Commons ::
    Works under CC licence unless mentioned otherwise

Quote Originally Posted by tilt View Post
    lovely map Arsheesh, love the colors, the only thing is, like JonPin said, the cloudiness of the the water - it seems to not feet the drawn style of the rest. But really nice and really like your mountains.
    This is true. Actually, the ocean color/texture was not my initial idea. In the earliest version of this map the ocean was much more blue and I had hand drawn in some wave outlines around the shore. However my client told me that he preferred the ocean to be a vibrant dark green. Well the problem was that this made the land, with its green hues, appear murky and indistinct. So I decided to lighten the water surrounding the shore and, since my client really liked the Dragon Age maps he sent as a reference, I thought I'd try mimicking this style. In general though I do agree that keeping a consistently hand-drawn look throughout the map is preferable. Thanks Jon and Tilt for the feedback.

Cheers,
    -Arsheesh

A very good map, Arsheesh. Not the style you are known for (at least to me ) but as others have said, you have a good grasp of this kind of style as well. Kudos! Let us see some more maps in this style
    If i can, i'll Rep. you.
    I'm trapped in Darkness,
    Still I reach out for the Stars

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast